What scares you or freaks you out?

Options

Replies

• Riane22
    Riane22 Posts: 18
    Options
    My new found fear... THE CENTIPEDE! Thank you for that lol.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!!!
    That picture is making me itchy. My 9 y/o love the Animal Planet and I will watch anything with him EXCEPT "Monsters Inside Me" for the same reason!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Clowns, murderers and rapists.

Clowns and their cars.
    Oh for the love of all that's holy... you're going to give me nightmares with that centipede! How do you ever SLEEP???

Luckily they live in the basement and a dehumidifier shrivels their evil little *kitten* up and they croak. Occasionally they make it up through the ductwork and upstairs. *shivers* Did I mention how fast they are? Like faster than a cheetah with a flaming *kitten*.
  • smason1284
    smason1284 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    WHAAAAAAAAAAT....Where the hell do you live so I know exactly where to never ever ever move!

Omg I would flip a lid if I saw something like that...
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    #1 - Clowns!!! No one's that happy, that much of the time. CREEPY!!!
    #2 - Creepy crawlers... spiders, centipedes, other "bugs" YUCK!!!

I've even been known to use hairspray to immobilize a spider before grabbing it with a HUGE wad of T.P. and flushing it down the toilet.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the picture, MissOut. Not only did I shiver hard enough to wake my dog sitting next to me, but I may have peed a little.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Moths, I am terrified of moths. But my cats like to kill them and I let them torment the damn things! Funny thing is that my female cat always leaves the bodies in her water bowl so I have to dump them out the next day, but I can deal with that since she kills them :-)

And I will admit to using hairspray, air freshener and a wide variety of cleaning supplies to kill any bug that is unfortunate enough to come into my house. AND I always have to flush them because I am scared that if they weren't quite dead they can get out of the trash can and hunt me down!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    SHARKS!!!!!! I hate those man eating bassturds
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    mimes, they are just so creepy to me.
  • Vendetta2300
    Options
    Thank you for letting me know that bugs will shrivel and freeze when applied with hairspray - I am going to remember that!

Be aware, little suckers - Im coming for you!
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Biggest fear - what age and gravity is doing to my formerly smokin' hot body!!! :sad:

PS - Be kind to bugs. They really don't care about you for the most part or are terrified of you. They are just being bugs and doing what bugs do. Please let them lead their buggy little lives in peace.

And I used to HATE bugs. And was TERRIFIED of them. Until I realised that they are here for a reason just like we are. It's terribly human-centric to think something should be killed just because it is what it is! That's the kind of thinking that has gotten our planet so out of balance.

I catch them and put them outside. Especially, spiders - they are so good for the garden, plants, and general ecology of my yard! And their webs are beautiful in the morning with sparkling dewdrops on them... So try to peace out on your insect brethren peeps!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I hate spiders, but I am the opposite of many of you when it comes to killing them. If they are outside they get to live, but cross over the threshold and your spider *kitten* is grass. And I have to kill them myself. I don't trust anyone else to the job.

I am also freaked out by clowns, Shriners and Kevin Bacon.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Scary? CGI bugs... real bugs don't scare me but show me a movie with a bunch of CGI'd ones (I'm looking at you "The Mummy") and I'll have nightmares for weeks.

Freak out? Cockroaches... nasty vile creatures from the bottom pit of hell. (I once bit into a malt ball with a dead cockroach inside... I still can't eat anything malt flavored)
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I hate spiders, but I am the opposite of many of you when it comes to killing them. If they are outside they get to live, but cross over the threshold and your spider *kitten* is grass. And I have to kill them myself. I don't trust anyone else to the job.

Ok, I posted earlier about clowns too but I must agree with you. I met Kevin Bacon in person once and he is even creepier. Looked like a skeleton with skin stretched over it... way creepy. When he smiled, made it worse, like the crypt keeper from the old Tales From the Crypt show. *shiver*
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Spiders creep me out for sure more than anything else. Even those super tiny ones that descend from the ceiling and always land on my arm. :frown:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options

LOL I am the same way. If spiders (or any bugs) are outside I will leave it alone, once it comes inside though, all bets are off!
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Don't wanna offend anybody, but people with drawn on eyebrows seriously freak me out :(
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I hate roaches! If i have one in my house i will put a cup over it and then a book on that and wait for my husband to come home to kill it!

I do the same thing...I hate killing things...but those big roaches are SCARY!!
  • Jessica5000
    Options
    June Bugs & Leaches. Even writing the words makes me want to FREAK
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Needles! Cannot get a shot or my blood drawn with out crying, hyperventilating and hitting someone.

Also serial killers.. think Michael and Freddy Kruger. To this day I cannot watch those movies or sleep with my closet doors/shower curtain closed. When it thunderstorms thats what I get reminded of and then am up for half the night or until the storm stops.. swear, one day I will stop being such a chicken on this matter!