A cry for help.

rafiq1884
rafiq1884 Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey u guys, am rafiq. I just turn 30 recently and realise that am missing alot in life for a good part of my life i've been prison in this fat infested body of mine. Being obese come with its side effect of depression. Am the only one in my family and social surrounding that is obese, i aint got anyone that can motive me or understand what am going thru. I wanna change for the better, i realise that am the only person that can do it. I want a chance in life and live like everyone else. I wanna travel and see the world and marry the person i love. Yeah thats the simple old me. Help me out people.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Hello rafiq!
  • Auntiangie
    Auntiangie Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Rafiq! how are you?
  • rafiq1884
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Hello rafiq!
    hey there :)

• rafiq1884
    Auntiangie wrote: »
    Hi Rafiq! how are you?

Hi :) angie? Am good, yourself? Watching breaking bad on netflix, trying bad to sleep.

• LninYoDA1htownG
    LninYoDA1htownG Posts: 75 Member
    I'll help u brotha
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Dropped 10lbs so far.... need to drop about 90 more.. i'm an a 55 year old fart and if i can do it.so can you...its not easy but its not impossible......i'm here every day..every single day. you can do this...you really can... do not give up and never never give in...I loved breaking bad.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Dropped 10lbs so far.... need to drop about 90 more.. i'm an a 55 year old fart and if i can do it.so can you...its not easy but its not impossible......i'm here every day..every single day. you can do this...you really can... do not give up and never never give in...I loved breaking bad.

Awesome attitude!!

spyw5l4j16rj.jpeg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Hi Rafiq! Welcome! Getting started is the hardest part. That's when you realize exactly what you've been doing. Once that shock is over, you can get down to the task of making the changes you want to see. Have some patience (okay, a lot of patience). I strongly suggest taking some before pictures along with measurements. The scale lies to us sometimes, so it's nice to have other metrics to measure your progress.
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I agree, reading this link will help you not only in getting started but keep you going. You can do it!
  • rediup1018
    rediup1018 Posts: 5 Member
    You can do this we are here for you . that's why we are all here just take one day at a time if you fail take the next and start over just keep trying
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Baby steps, Rafiq! You can do it. Attitude is everything, so don't get down on yourself!
  • christirnmom
    christirnmom Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Rafiq!
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    hey Rafiq, welcome to MFP. I actually joined this site to lose weight I gained during a years-long episode of depression, and I'm always happy to get in touch with others who are enduring the same struggle. Feel free to add me if you want friends!
  • coatscloset
    coatscloset Posts: 30 Member
    Hello Rafiq! Congrats on the making the first step to change your life! Keep a focused mind and check in here for help and support. This place is great!