Looking For Help and Support To Get Back On Track

Options
I was doing very well last summer; was at my goal weight, or close to it. I was exercising and loving it. Then I went back to school (and quit smoking on August 1). I started snacking and eating chocolate. So here it is January 10, and I have gained more than 30 pounds. I have been trying very hard to resist eating the stuff that is harmful to me. I have a good day here and there but have not been able to have more than two good days in a row. I know that when I get going and get into the routine of losing the weight, I will be able to do it. But I just don't have the confidence that I can do it. Is anyone else in this situation or has anyone overcome this? How do it do it?

Replies

• CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I too had great success back in April. I've been losing and gaining the same 10 lb ever since. I'm interested in any magic someone can provide
  • LisaMelen
    LisaMelen Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello, Nice to meet you Loriacmf. My suggestion to you would be to revisit your why! Why do you want to be healthy and fit? Start by doing the exercise that got you motivated in the past ( Your soulmate workout) make it fun , write a short, realistic and measurable goal to meet. For example. Saying I want to loose weight is not a measurable goal. Instead I would set my goal as loosing 1-2 pounds a week, walking 1-2 miles a day,eating more fruits and vegetable and drinking water.
    I know how many circumstance in our lives might change our daily routine,2015 for me was a true challenge, loss my father, my job and my dog. This made me put an additional 10 pounds after loosing 30+. But you know what? I am getting back at it by revisiting my "why" and following my own suggestion. Wish you great success on getting back to your healthy and happier routine!
    Liz
  • ChestnutChesca
    ChestnutChesca Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Ive been through a similar journey and Im looking to lose the weight Ive gained but then keep working to get as fit as possible! Ive now started avoiding my triggers, keeping busy and working on weights a the gym - great calorie burner and for physique and general health :) feel free to add me!
  • loriacmf
    loriacmf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, LisaMelen, you have been through alot of very difficult things. Congratulations on getting back on track. I am working on "What do I want". I need to work on challenging negative thoughts-- changing how I think.
  • loriacmf
    loriacmf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Ive been through a similar journey and Im looking to lose the weight Ive gained but then keep working to get as fit as possible! Ive now started avoiding my triggers, keeping busy and working on weights a the gym - great calorie burner and for physique and general health :) feel free to add me!

Yes, I need to remember that it is a journey to become healthy. Otherwise, if I focus on how slowly the weight comes off, I get discouraged and give up and eat more than ever.