Red cabbage

cxeex
cxeex Posts: 121 Member
Any good? Thinking of adding it uncooked to my salad?

Replies

• cxeex
    cxeex Posts: 121 Member
    Also raw broccoli
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    All I know is they ate a lot of it in "A Christmas Story." According to Ralphie's mom, Ralphie loves red cabbage.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I love red cabbage in salads. I'm not a huge fan of raw broccoli (unless it's chopped very fine), but if you enjoy it, go for it.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    I like raw red cabbage in salads, as well as raw cauliflower. Raw broccoli is nice, too, but it needs extra dressing, I find. It seems to soak up a lot in the florets.
  • ayamagali
    ayamagali Posts: 167 Member
    Mmm, I like it cooked with apples!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    I grate it, steam in microwave then pop in oven with lots of pepper and it goes all crispy it's great on anything! ! Soup. .meat..salad
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Equus5374 wrote: »
    All I know is they ate a lot of it in "A Christmas Story." According to Ralphie's mom, Ralphie loves red cabbage.

I think that was the stuff my Mom used to make - cooked cabbage and tomatoes. Nasty.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Makes a pretty tasty coleslaw, too. Although the dressing will turn pinkish purple.
  • I like it raw in salads, in a vinegar-based slaw, roasted in olive oil with salt, sauteed with peppers, onion and/other other veggies, and stir-fried with other veggies and chili garlic paste, dark soy sauce, and either hoisin or oyster sauce.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Its always part of the salad that comes with my chicken kebab and has a lovely taste raw (even my dog likes it??) Also nice cooked with apple, raisins and a little vinegar
  • tanyamclattenburg
    tanyamclattenburg Posts: 51 Member
    LOVE red cabbage in my tossed salads.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Equus5374 wrote: »

LOL
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 352 Member
    Yummy! Ralphie and I love it, raw in salads or cooked and drizzled with cider vinegar.