No alcohol

Options
tlfish1
tlfish1 Posts: 1 Member
I'm in as of jan 3rd. Had already planned to do this but just saw the challenge and happy there are others abstaining too. Being in the dental field for many years, I'm aware it is good to give your esophagus a 30 day break to heal every now and then, not to mention giving your liver a break. The weekends are usually hardest for me. If we fire up the grill and start cooking, I like to start sipping some wine. But got through this weekend fine. I feel better too! Keep it up everyone, 30 days is not long at all!

Replies

• hhazlett62
    hhazlett62 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm on the no alcohol kick as well for the next 30 days. #clear skin #weight loss #white teeth
  • phips1983
    phips1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Dry January too...I don't drink during the week anyway, but come the weekend I do like a bottle of red or a few beers. I've stayed strong these last two weekends, it's weirdly tough. Would never have called myself a heavy drinker in the past, but actually craving a glass of red feels very weird
  • cmorris30316
    cmorris30316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in for February ! Let's see how much it helps with my weight loss in 29 days !
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    hhazlett62 wrote: »
    Hey I'm on the no alcohol kick as well for the next 30 days. #clear skin #weight loss #white teeth
    How's it going so far ??
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    phips1983 wrote: »
    I'm doing Dry January too...I don't drink during the week anyway, but come the weekend I do like a bottle of red or a few beers. I've stayed strong these last two weekends, it's weirdly tough. Would never have called myself a heavy drinker in the past, but actually craving a glass of red feels very weird

How did you do ? I'm trying to go all of February without ! It's gonna be hard !
  • martinez622
    martinez622 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    got in late for the challenge but im also in for febuary I haven't seen the results I want so alcohol is out for now
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    tlfish1 wrote: »
    I'm in as of jan 3rd. Had already planned to do this but just saw the challenge and happy there are others abstaining too. Being in the dental field for many years, I'm aware it is good to give your esophagus a 30 day break to heal every now and then, not to mention giving your liver a break. The weekends are usually hardest for me. If we fire up the grill and start cooking, I like to start sipping some wine. But got through this weekend fine. I feel better too! Keep it up everyone, 30 days is not long at all!

How did you all do in January. I'm trying to go without for all of February. It's gonna be hard with friends who all drink and social occasions ! But I'm determined.
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    got in late for the challenge but im also in for febuary I haven't seen the results I want so alcohol is out for now

Great lets do this ! I'm gonna have a hard time. Let's keep in touch !
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    How are you all doing ? I'm still not drinking much but I did have some recently. I think it's the only reason I am losing anything. Down 17 lbs
  • mamaeee16
    mamaeee16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your results are impressive. I was a daily drinker. After working out since Dec with minimal movement on the scale, I realized wine was my crutch so I cannot say I won't have it at all but I am taking a break. Knowing your success is encouraging!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have had no alcohol for nine months.
  • cmorris30316
    Options
    Well I like my wine too!! But I find it's easier to have none Than to have just one glass. It's really tough to stop at one, but I do want to keep going for awhile. My blood pressure is down to normal range as well.
  • Taylorgo90
    Taylorgo90 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any alcohol in last year and don't miss it at all