Nurse friends!

Options
13»

Replies

• bourgourlee
    bourgourlee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Medical progressive care unit. Will be transferring to medsurg at a smaller hospital and will hopefully be cross trained for icu/pcu there :)
  • bestisyettocome2016
    Options
    Cardiac Stepdown RN, here. Starting NP school next week so I really need support and encouragement.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Trauma ICU.
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No time for salad today, good thing I packed hot puréed squash soup. Drank while working. Sorry if I gross some of you who may dislike puréed soup. Stay positive, have a good night
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    krenwren wrote: »
    So what is the secret of success for all you night shifters? I have struggle for years with trying to regulate my intake. It seems as if I'm up 24 hours and eat around the clock. Any ideas? Currently I reset my clock at 4pm when I have my first "meal" of my day.

Working double shift tomorrow, need to bring healthy food so I don't cave in to the goodies from the holidays that people keep bringing.
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    you are so right, if left to my own devices I'll eat whatever crap (graham crackers and peanut butter anyone) that is available. I'm heading out for a rare day shift so will bring my own food.
  • Lench0902
    Lench0902 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    surg/onc night shift. Feel free to add me
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Trauma 2 Surgical and trauma ICU Night RN. Easy to keep the weight managed I sleep most of the day, wake up in time for dinner, busy at work, home and then sleep. Don't know why so many struggle I lost a bunch of weight working nights because the time I'm awake is way less than a day schedule!
  • krenwren
    krenwren Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @hekla90 I think you are the only night shift person to sleep more not less LOL! A lot of us worked nights with kids so essentially worked around the clock. And now as I get older, I don't sleep as well during the day, I'm lucky if I get six hours.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oncology RN that works as a patient navigator 5 days a week. Nice to see so many Oncology nurses here. We eat like tomorrow is never going to come
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    krenwren wrote: »
    @hekla90 I think you are the only night shift person to sleep more not less LOL! A lot of us worked nights with kids so essentially worked around the clock. And now as I get older, I don't sleep as well during the day, I'm lucky if I get six hours.

I feel like most of the people I work with we sleep a lot! But most of us don't have kids. I don't think people with kids ever get a break or sleep regardless of sleep- part of why I'll probably never have them! I actually sleep better during the day than I did at night, I'm definitely a night owl though.
  • Aresende90
    Aresende90 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! I'm Andrea. I'm an OR RN. I work 4-10hour shifts a week 645-1715 and take 12hr-24hr call shifts about once a week depending on the month. I have 5 call shifts this month and 1 call shift for Feb! I'm currently training for my first half Marathon in May. Also hoping to add some weights in. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    Psych RN here

Our psych nurses/ward send all the violent patients to the med/surg floor

Where I work we only have psych patients, no med surg to send them to.