Just starting, 100+ to lose anyone want to help me on my journey

Options
mrs2016
mrs2016 Posts: 8 Member
As the title says started today. Just joined, I'm 43 and living in uk and could do with some motivational buddies.

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome onboard. You've taken the first step and that's the hardest one to take!
  • cnred_06
    cnred_06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've 120 lbs I'm trying to lose!:) together everyone achieves more,this app is really keeping me on track! Wishing u lotsa success!!!
  • tryin08
    tryin08 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Feel free to add me so we can take this journey together.
  • tawnyasevere530
    tawnyasevere530 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on 1/7/16. I have around 80 pounds to lose. This app is pretty cool and I agree that moral support and personal accountability is key to success, has anybody but me considered bariatric surgery, specifically the sleeve? Tawnya
  • tawnyasevere530
    Options
    I started on 1/7/16. I have around 80 pounds to lose. This app is pretty cool and I agree that moral support and personal accountability is key to success. Has anybody but me considered bariatric surgery, specifically the sleeve? Tawnya

• mrs2016
    Options
    I've not considered surgery. Not my thing I would rather get a better lifestyle.
  • KwaziiNeko
    KwaziiNeko Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I am trying to lose 100+ myself!!!! :)
  • tawnyasevere530
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • mrs2016
    Options
    Sorry I never meant to be rude. Just I have not considered surgery. I know it works well for some people but I want to change my lifestyle that got me this way b
  • misssouth98
    misssouth98 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The whole idea of surgery is something I've never considered. My story (short) always been overweight. Finally got kicked into gear and thanks to the help of WW I went from 316 to appx 215. Then I turned 40 (which didn't help) and I was diagnosed with a hormonal issue, then my husband had surgery & spent 3 mnths in the hospital (8 months total). As you can imagine any success I'd had on the weight loss journey was pretty much gone and I'm now back to almost my pre-WW weight. Those feelings of defeat are very strong and hard to overcome. Even when I was loosing, I don't think my "thinking" about myself really changed much. I know that I need to do this. I'm just praying that THIS time I don't have to start again.
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    There is a group that I am in on MFP that is awesome! Check it out to see if it is something that would work for you. The group is "Lose 1 pound a week 2016". We do weekly challenges that help keep us motivated, accountable, and losing weight safely. I have over 100 lbs to lose (closer to 150) and this group is helping a lot.
  • monettey66
    monettey66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tawny,
    I am in the process right now of bariatric surgery. I have been seeing the docs now for 3 months. Just completed all the pre-op stuff..... I have lost 10 lbs since Jan 1st. Part of the insurance process so they will approve the surgery.
    I have a long story.....and finally at the age of 49 decided that I have to do something as drastic as this. I am hoping to have the sleeve done, but have not had the talk yet with the doc. See him Feb 4th....so hopefully answers then.
    I would like to become buddies and support each other.
    Let me know.
    Beth
  • dipadova
    dipadova Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have about 150 to lose and have been yo-young for many years. I am over 50 and all kids are now out of the house and I need motivation and an accountability partner. Any help would be appreciated
  • rachellove02
    rachellove02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100+ as well. I am just starting on my journey, I'd love some friends to help keep me accountable. Feel free to add me.
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have been here a while, fell off the wagon and now I am back. Started at 240, got down to 189 then life happened, gained back to 204 and this morning weighed in at 198. Feel free to add, the journey is hard but worth it. take one day at a time:)
  • msdianan65
    msdianan65 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have struggled with my weight for close to 15 years, I was the skinny kid in high school and then somewhere in my 30's it got out of control. I agree with Jenngitch, I am going to take it one day at a time. WE can do this.