What have you "Prepped" for the coming week?

Options
I know Sunday is prep day for a lot of people. I'm almost finished with my basic prep for this week. I roasted a turkey and bagged the breast meat in 4 oz packages. I hard boiled a dozen eggs. I made a batch of Greek yogurt coleslaw and 3 quart jars of vegetable soup. Baby carrots, celery, cucumbers & spinach are prepped and ready for salads. What have you prepped for the coming week?
Peace,
Amy

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Sausage and eggs for breakfasts.
    Chicken and black beans for lunch or chili (still have some left in the freezer).
    Dinners are planned and portioned if needed.
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's a lot! I did hard boiled eggs, cabbage soup and green smoothies.
  • sierraross6912
    sierraross6912 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We try and do meal prep Sunday evening. This week we are pressure cooking a turkey breast, the normal salad supplies, fruits and veggies, boiled eggs, hummus, yogurt, gronola. Always looking for new ideas
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm making my lunches on Tuesday. Today, I just boiled some beans, lentils, and rice.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Basmati rice, veggie burgers, diced/sliced veg, yogurts, fruits, and a giant crock-pot full of lovely minestrone is simmering as we type. I've got some canned beans as well, so I'm set for the week!
  • Jetamu96
    Jetamu96 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal (extra points if you know the movie ^^). I've just made some overnight oatmeal because I'm a student and don't have a lot of time in the morning.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - mason jar muesli with chopped pear
    Lunch - Thai chicken and veg wraps with grapes
    Snack 1 - Mango kale protein smoothie
    Snack 2 - Nuts, cheese and deli meat.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't prep this week and it's stressing me out :# I've been meal prepping my breakfast and lunch consistently for 9 months and this week I decided to buy lunch all week. I'm still bringing my breakfast, that usually consists of boiled eggs, yogurt, a piece of fruit.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Shepherds Pie for the hubster's lunches, Spiced Lentil and Eggplant Bake for mine, ham and veg soup for freezer fodder and to get rid of the Christmas ham (will make a nice change if either of us get sick of lunches).
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    2dz steamed (boiled) eggs
    12 servings of veggie frittata
    5lbs taco meat
    3lbs bacon
    4 1.5lb meat loafs
    3lbs loaded cauliflower mash
    6lbs chopped vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, onion, bell peppers, broccoli)
    1lb peanut butter keto fudge (1oz servings)
    1lb chocolate coconut fat bombs (keto Mounds balls)
    30lbs lamb, beef, pork, chicken, turkey (cut, bagged, seasoned, frozen)

We did this yesterday. Saturday morning is our main prep day with Tuesday night for more veggies. This weekend was "meat prep" because we visited the butcher. This was a 2-hour prep. Most Saturday morning preps are less than an hour with 2 people working.
  • NoNo1963
    NoNo1963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've just joined the prepping for the week party and from what I see I have a lot to do to even pretend to be a contender.

For my first time I have only prepped for my veggie and fruit smoothie and a turkey burger for my lunch. I do have some turkey meat in the freezer so tomorrow I will simply pull it out and put together some veggies as an side for the rest of the week.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I packed two days worth of lunches/snacks for work. Also grilled up a bunch of chicken for my dinners so all I have to do is throw together a side in the evening.
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    We don't formally prep on Sunday, but do try to cook recipes on the weekend that give planned-overs for the week.

Saturday dinner was home-made Pizza with enough leftovers for 6 lunch servings (to feed 2 tweens twice and 2 adults)
    Sunday was chicken stew with lots of veggies with enough leftovers for 2 adult lunch servings and 2 more servings for the freezer.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »

5lbs taco meat
    3lbs bacon
    4 1.5lb meat loafs

30lbs lamb, beef, pork, chicken, turkey (cut, bagged, seasoned, frozen)

Please tell me this isn't for just one week...

• shortyrock_78
    shortyrock_78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice soup, beef chili, hard boiled eggs, salads for lunch, poached shredded chicken
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm lazy. I have prepped nothing. This is a good reminder.
  • __Wolf__
    __Wolf__ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I enjoy cooking most of my meals so I rarely "prep." I did, however, get ingredients on Saturday to make some amazing slow cooked meals.
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche with spinach, arugula, onion, goat cheese and cherry tomatoes. 6 serves at 286 cals per serve, nommm!!!wbw0i035d0i6.jpeg

Plus taco salad with ground bison instead of beef. Salad items include lettuce, yellow pepper, pico de gallo, cilantro, avacado (2 oz per serve), fresh jalapeños, salsa and reduced fat Mexican cheese. 336 cals per serve.

Plus leftover pork tenderloin with roasted cauliflower and broccoli. About 300 cals per serve (caul. and broc. were roasted with olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese and black pepper).
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    - Hard boiled eggs
    - Cut up and marinated chicken for grilled kabobs
    - Made filling for burritos
    - Steel cut oatmeal in my crockpot
    - Washed and cut up greens and veggies
    - Breakfast sandwiches
    - Made blueberry pancakes and froze them.

Prepping makes things so much easier!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    The only prep I have done is a lot of shopping and splitting up the meats before freezing. Busy weekend.