Over 150 lbs to lose! looking for support and new friends

2»

Replies

• I would love some friends and support as well, looking to loose 60-80 pounds maybe even more! This is my first time doing a journey like this and I am entirely new to it. I have (most likely my OB/GYN diagnosed me, but then retired and my new Dr. Is not agreeing) PCOS which has made my weight fluctuate on a weekly to bi-weekly basis by 20-40 pounds. I am sick of being 240-280 pounds all my life. I am ready for a change and hope I can get some friends to do it beside me.
  • ImOneStepCloser
    ImOneStepCloser Posts: 334 Member
    Hello, I am working on losing a little over 100 pounds. Lets help each other get there. Anyone is welcome to join me on my journey. I will be that supportive friend that is there but def not judgmental.
  • bonnielanglois
    bonnielanglois Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I am also looking for friends to help keep me motivated! It's hard for me to stay healthy and exercise by myself. Add me if you want! :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Check out this forum here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

One day, One pound, One step at a time....it's do-able if you keep your head in the game and are honest in weighing & logging food daily.

0zj23zy0z9nf.png
  • ravensdiet15
    ravensdiet15 Posts: 77 Member
    Hi. Looking to lose about 150lbs.
    I have fibromyalgia, depression & anxiety. Would love to find some ppl that understand where I'm coming from!
    Looking for ppl that want to message daily!! I don't work so I have a lot of time on my hands to be a good diet buddy. Add me and send a message!!! <3
  • firstsoprano4him
    firstsoprano4him Posts: 5 Member
    Hi. Looking to lose about 150lbs.
    I have fibromyalgia, depression & anxiety. Would love to find some ppl that understand where I'm coming from!
    Looking for ppl that want to message daily!! I don't work so I have a lot of time on my hands to be a good diet buddy. Add me and send a message!!! <3

Feel free to add me! I'm 27 and have fibro, depression, and pituitary problems as well. I've been dealing with symptoms for years and finally got the official diagnosis a couple months ago. I'm over 100 pounds overweight and need to lose weight to hopefully take any excess stress off my body and calm my symptoms. My husband and I are trying to have a kid and I can't start fertility treatments until I'm under a certain BMI. I'd love to talk daily with you! I'm a substitute teacher, so I have a lot of free time as well. Just me and my three pups! Lol
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    airangel59 wrote: »
    Check out this forum here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

One day, One pound, One step at a time....it's do-able if you keep your head in the game and are honest in weighing & logging food daily.
    @ravensdiet15 @imonestepcloser @xxichigoxchrissyxx @karas_journey @tjames30 @yvettedutchie @saggyandbaggy @meltingaway90 @madwife2009 @ssdelorme @sassycassy631 @bourdon01 @bigchangeneeded @malsaeed03 @shashaylee @kathrout1973 @garysrae @zumbachick5 @veryana @angelinab_ @grumpyheadmistress @x311tifa @beckyboo8504 @mrsstovall10 @smwinks77 @sassywifey @selinamasi223 @secrets424 @firstsoprano4him

With boards being crazy around this time of the year I am reaching out to each of you personally to check out a wonderful support network listed in the above post from another member who has succeeded and myself who is 50% into my journey. There are no do-overs in life, you get one shot, one body so let's do this together!

Educate yourself, create a support network (there will be days when you want to quit....BUT DON'T), establish a new relationship with food and make some great friends along the way.

This is not a DIET, this is LIFESTYLE change. There are not foods you CANNOT have, but rather ones you CAN but in smaller portions or less frequently. Do the best you can each day to create healthy habits that will sustain you in the long run. If you slip one day, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on track!

CICO, Calories IN, Calories OUT with elimination of drama from yourself and others, weigh it, log it, getting moving....that is it.

• CrystalMarie183
    CrystalMarie183 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi i would love to have another friend. I too have alot to lose. I currently weight 314lbs. I would like to lose about 170lbs, but i just want to feel better. Good luck in your weightloss journey.
  • lisamarie290
    lisamarie290 Posts: 6 Member
    I would welcome your friendship add. My weight is currently 275 (started out at 307 about 3 months ago) and at 5' 2", I need to lose quite a bit of weight. I have rheumatoid arthritis and kidney disease. I like what you said about not allowing an autoimmune disease to define you because that's my view, too. I have always struggled with weight from the time I was a fat little girl. My mother and sister were both large women, too. My sister Chris (who was my best friend in the world) had diabetes and I lost her in 2012 to complications from the disease. She was still a young woman. I lost my Mom on New Year's day in 2015, so I'm trying to adjust to those losses, and I'd like to focus on being healthier and figuring out where to go from here! I welcome new friends and it would be nice to share motivation with others who have a long journey ahead of them with some challenges thrown in to test us.
  • stephmsj
    stephmsj Posts: 30 Member
    hi im steph im 29 i have iih,m.e,fibro and pcos it would be great to have some friends in the same position i have over 100lbs to lose x
  • rosanna88_
    rosanna88_ Posts: 32 Member
    PCOS, very high inflammatory levels, fatty liver etc all as of 2015. I have ~130lbs to lose and could use all the motivation I can get!
  • finnickkitten
    finnickkitten Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I have about 150 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me! Looking for some people to hold me accountable :)
  • bronmanuel
    bronmanuel Posts: 2 Member
    I have 200 lbs to lose. I have started going to the gym for about a half hour every day but I don't quite have the dieting down. Any tips would be appreciated!
  • firead
    firead Posts: 56 Member
    Around 160 to lose here. I have PCOS, hypothyroid, depression, and anxiety, but am not really limited by those much other than struggling with energy levels at times and the weight being seemingly harder than normal to lose. I don't really follow a specific plan, just sticking pretty strictly to calories and trying for around 40-30-30% on macros (carbs, protein, fat) and eating more fresh, minimally processed, and home-cooked foods.
  • skydiamonds67
    skydiamonds67 Posts: 49 Member
    Hi! I'm hoping to lose 100-150 pounds too. I struggle with depression and am an emotional eater. I've used MFP in the past and it's a great community. Anyone on the thread can feel free to add me. We can do this together! :)
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    About 120 to lose, love supporting and being supported. Agree with the lifestyle change. Happy to be added by anyone. We have got this!!