Where are your "stubborn" areas ??

Options
Good morning!
I lost 1 more pound this morning and a 1/2 more on the hips and 1/2 more on the thighs. So I've lost a total of 3 inches on my hips and 1 inch on thighs since December 29. My upper arms and calves are shrinking too, but my waist will not move. I'm doing weight training, some cardio, and Karate. Its firming a little but not moving on the numbers.... Ugh. Does anyone else have major stubborn areas that will not give up the fight?? Lol! :)

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My hips and thighs. My waist seems to shrink at a faster rate. When I was pregnant I could feel my hips and thighs getting bigger lol.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd consider it major stubborn if it's only been since 12-29. Thats not much time.

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Many people say that holding fat around the midsection may be due to high cortisol

.... My legs move last, especially the stubborn pockets on the sides of my upper thigh.
  • fitnforward
    fitnforward Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's what I've heard too. Because during my years I always had a small waist and stomach, and my hips were always the issue with weight gain. But its caught me off guard so to speak, I figured with this journey but my waist would have been the easiest!! But hey I'm not complaining I'm GLAD my hips and thighs are leaving me!!! Thanks for the insight I'm going to check into my cortisol levels more in depth!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    waist down. butthats where ive always held on to weight. its coming off, but slowly lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hips. And belly I guess but there's so much loose skin it's hopeless anyway. But yeah, basically most of the visible fat I have left is on my hips. Same as my mom and my sister. I don't have much of a waist because of my shape so it's pretty much the first thing I see... it sucks!
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,049 Member
    Options
    Still had fat pads above my kidneys after losing 60 lbs (last time, five years ago).
  • fitnforward
    Options
    Yes, mine is the butt, hip and thigh dept too! I lot of mine is heredity, but I'm glad they're getting toned up little by little. There is HOPE!!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting for about a year and losing as well, and my triceps are still a bit on the flabby side, even though I am very close to goal. I am trying to focus on them more. Plus my stomach is still a little bit on the flabby side, even though I have lost many inches there. I guess I need to do some ab work - I have read/heard that the best way to get rid of extra fat is simply cardio and of course eating less, but maybe it's my age- just can't firm up these two areas.
  • Ebuka95
    Ebuka95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lost almost 100 in a space of a year, went from 280 to 188 but I still can't lose the extra fat in my lower belly and back!! Sucks
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My stubborn areas are generally my children

anything else pales into insignificance with a programme of calorie control, progressive resistance and time :)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    my stubborn areas are my children ;)

anything else pales into insignificance in the face of calorific control, progressive resistance, moving more and time
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I don't think I have anything that is consistently stubborn. Everything shrunk super fast at first due to muscle memory and all that good stuff. I guess I'm lucky that it all comes off fairly evenly but that also means I'm no always aware of progress until I take a picture and compare to my last one because I shrink evenly all over. I'm getting to that point now though where I'm getting tantalising glimpses of what might be under those last few layers of fat!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting for about a year and losing as well, and my triceps are still a bit on the flabby side, even though I am very close to goal. I am trying to focus on them more. Plus my stomach is still a little bit on the flabby side, even though I have lost many inches there. I guess I need to do some ab work - I have read/heard that the best way to get rid of extra fat is simply cardio and of course eating less, but maybe it's my age- just can't firm up these two areas.

Are you sure it's fat.... Or loose skin? Unfortunately the skin is hard to get rid of, it may tighten up over time. Even if it was fat, doing ab work wouldn't make it less fat. Consistent deficit (through food and/or exercise in general) will chip away at it
  • trixchialoveskimchi6
    Options
    thighs and hips :(
  • Sued0nim
    Options

it's not age :)

it's just that some areas take longer for the fat to dissipate. Cardio helps increase your calorie burn but I'd really think that progressive resistance would help recompose your body better (maybe a mix of the two) .. it is basically down to fat loss though which is food intake
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My whole body is a stubborn area, lol. For me, its the tire that goes around my waist. I always seem to lose it in my face and chin first, then s-l-o-w-l-y around my mid section. But, all I can do is keep at it!
  • fitnforward
    Options
    I agree with the resistance. Years ago, I just lost numbers on the scale. But I didn't have any muscle or toning, I guess the skinny fat. This time around I'm addicted to weight training and boxing especially. This journey has showed not only weight but the inches came off quicker than the weight. When my pants and clothes started feeling different I knew something was working better this time around... I'm sticking with it. My calorie intake was around 15OO and now I'm averaging around 1350+ no less. I need energy for the workouts. But after I lose more pounds, I will increase my intake to start redefining more muscles. One step at a time... in it for the long haul. :smiley:
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Tummy - basically the squishy bit between the bottom of my ribs and the start my pelvis/hips. I've lost it from everywhere else - ankles, calves, ribs, arms, face (first place it comes on/off for me), bum and back.

I feel great and am considering my first bulk (recomp, maybe?) but man I feel extra squishy in the middle now the rest has gone and hasn't smoothed it out.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    *pokes chest* the left is suddenly noticeably, to me at least, smaller this didn't happen last time. Otherwise I'm happy with overall look of getting smaller.