Emergency need of weight loss! Help

Options

Replies

• jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Invest in a great body shaper? Spanx do wonders...
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Agree with all that is written above...Oh and there are no magic pills or teas that will speed up weight loss either.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in 5 weeks for a beach vacation at a much lower weight than you are- It's doable and no I didn't get saggy gross skin or lose all my muscle mass. I looked great and don't regret not dragging it over 5 months. It's stayed off too for nearly a year now too. I ate around 1400-1500 calories, did strong lifts, and ran 3 miles several times a week. You only need to lose 8 lbs to be 139- apparently no one is able to read that you said be in the 130s not weigh 130. She's not attempting to lose 17 lbs don't know why everyone keeps saying that...
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    While I think the above advice is good, it's really meant for long term, sustainable weight loss. You're not asking about that. Just realize any fast weight loss will most likely not be sustainable or sustained. If you're ok with that, here's is what you could do.

For the following plan, I'm making the assumption you're starting off with a "standard" high carb, high fat, low protein diet.

Start week 1 eating 150g protein, 150g carbs, 50g fat. Every week reduce your carbs by 25g.
    Walk/run 30-45min a day, whatever you can do. If able, incorporate 5 X 30s sprints during your walk/run. Last day before the event, fast from food. Drink anything without calories, including caffeinated beverages.

Report back to let us know it went. God luck!
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Gorgeous girl! Are you trying to get into a special dress? Maybe forget what the scale says for now and really focus on tightening your core and such. Not sure what you do for exercise now or how tall you are for that weight.
    I have a very important event coming up on Feb. 15 and I need to lose at least some weight fast. I'm currently 147lbs and I want to be at least in the 130's. Any tips or things I can do?

• clockworksailing
    clockworksailing Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's not my duty to judge your reasons and speaking from personal experience 2 lbs per week is achievable if you have your diet and exercise on point. So 137 pounds is certainly doable in 5 weeks. Going further is unhealthy and most likely not doable. Set yourself a realistic goal, get a good meal plan & program and go for it.
  • MonkeysForSale
    MonkeysForSale Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Liposuction?
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Cut off a limb? An arm ought to do it.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Weight loss is not an emergency! A heart attack or broken leg is.

Yep. Thinking of your weight as an emergency rather than a state of being (especially when you are currently a normal weight, and do not appear to be at all overweight based on your photo) isn't very healthy, and doesn't indicate a very respectful relationship with your body.

Like everyone else has said, you could work hard probably get down by 5 pounds. But maybe spend some time considering why you feel like you must get down into the 130s so urgently, and if you might be better served by working on that.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I have a very important event coming up on Feb. 15 and I need to lose at least some weight fast. I'm currently 147lbs and I want to be at least in the 130's. Any tips or things I can do?

@MelochinCat would you please clarify your weight loss goal for this event? When I read "at least in the 130's" I assume you'd prefer to be in the 120's, and so want to lose almost 20 pounds. However, others are interpreting this as you only want to reach at least 139, so only 8 pounds.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Did you just learn about this event? Will something dire happen if you are still in the 140's? My suggestion is to set your goal towards eating healthy, exercising moderately, and stay away from any fads. You can drop a few pounds in the next month - and then keep going until you reach your goal. Make sure your goal is reasonable and sustainable.
  • __Wolf__
    __Wolf__ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest chopping off an arm... that's at least 15 lbs
  • JustKris69
    JustKris69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The numbers are rather unrealistic however you could see good fat loss in 5 weeks vs. what the scale may say. Consider upping your water (minimum 1/2 your body weight in ozs - that means at least 74 oz per day minium), increase protein intake, reducing carbs and focus on high intensity training exercises to hone in on building lean muscle. Do not focus on the scale - focus on how your clothing fits.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You'll find your answer in 34 days!
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    www.thedietdoctor.com 2lbs a week can be done for the short term, but your body will start to self regulate and adjust to what you are doing. You might also want to research intermittent fasting. Adding walking and exercise with light weights or yoga should also help slim you down without necessarily losing weight as you will be adding muscle.Usually a drastic change in what you are doing to shake things up is needed in order to see the type of results you are looking for in such a short time. But do remember it's probably not going to stay if you go back to your normal eating patterns after February 15.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

@MelochinCat would you please clarify your weight loss goal for this event? When I read "at least in the 130's" I assume you'd prefer to be in the 120's, and so want to lose almost 20 pounds. However, others are interpreting this as you only want to reach at least 139, so only 8 pounds.

She never mentions the 120s. You are projecting a lot of assumption. I imagine if she wanted to be in the 120s she would have said so.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

She never mentions the 120s. You are projecting a lot of assumption. I imagine if she wanted to be in the 120s she would have said so.

Well if she says she want to be at least in the 130's that could be read as she would like to go further than that. I guess it's all in the wording and interpretation.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You will, I am sure, look lovely for this event! Unless you are trying make weight for some type of sport thing, there is no reason you shouldn't go as you are. However, maybe you could see this as an opportunity to begin to work towards this goal and in a few months you can get there (just in time for summer).
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that quite a few people have commented here and OP says it's "emergency" but never returns to comment. Odd.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that quite a few people have commented here and OP says it's "emergency" but never returns to comment. Odd.

Why would the OP return? OP didn't get the answer they were looking for. ;)