It Works products

I have been trying out some of the It Works products - the Fat Fighter formula, the Greens drink mix, and the relief for joint support. So far, I gave up on the Relief pill, my knees hurt worse taking the meds than when i wasnt taking anything. The Greens drink mix has seemed to increase my energy. But i am not sure i the fat fighter pill yet. Does anyone have any input?

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Input about what exactly? It works products?

My input, I don't think it works at all.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    It Works (to reduce the balance in your checking account).
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    You have to control your diet no matter what, so spending money on pills that could work or could cause damage seems like an unnecessary risk and a waste of money. I tried most pills on the market between 2007 and 2012. They're more likely to make you feel horrible than they are to help you lose weight. It's better to put time and effort into the dieting part than hope one of thousands of pills on the market will help.
  • ljcreekmore
    ljcreekmore Posts: 33 Member
    Did you both try the products?
  • __Wolf__
    __Wolf__ Posts: 137 Member
    There is no magic pill to fight "fat." You're wasting money chasing a silver bullet when the only thing proven to work is changing your diet, changing your physical activity level, and doing it consistently for a long time.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    It Works (to make someone else more wealthy)
  • __Wolf__
    __Wolf__ Posts: 137 Member
    I also just looked up their website and it just seems like a giant MLM scam much like Beachbody or Amway
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    ... don't.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I have probably posted this over one hundred times but here goes...if the miracle products for weight loss worked the way the salespeople claim they do, you would see write ups about them in leading scientific journals. Doctors who are not paid to endorse the products would be prescribing it to their patients. It would be the topic with companies like Weight Watchers. If they worked, they would be fully endorsed by the medical field...not just Dr. Oz. Until I see a weight loss gimmick that wins the Nobel prize for medicine because it actually works, I assume it is just a way for me to lose my money.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    I have probably posted this over one hundred times but here goes...if the miracle products for weight loss worked the way the salespeople claim they do, you would see write ups about them in leading scientific journals. Doctors who are not paid to endorse the products would be prescribing it to their patients. It would be the topic with companies like Weight Watchers. If they worked, they would be fully endorsed by the medical field...not just Dr. Oz. Until I see a weight loss gimmick that wins the Nobel prize for medicine because it actually works, I assume it is just a way for me to lose my money.

all.of.that.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member

^ Exactly. Go read the "Success Stories" forum and see how many people in there attribute their weight loss to any 'magic' diet pill or potion. The diet industry is a multi-billion dollar fraud machine.

Did you both try the products?

No need to waste money on scams that I already know won't work. I don't need to try getting shot by a gun to be able to tell you that it would be very painful and possibly deadly.
  • ljcreekmore
    Thank you, usmcmp, wolf, and debrakgoogins, for the indepth input and for putting my mind back into the right prospective.
  • debrakgoogins
    Thank you, usmcmp, wolf, and debrakgoogins, for the indepth input and for putting my mind back into the right prospective.

I think you are the first person who ever responded to my "Nobel Medicine" rant with a thank you. Kudos to you for taking solid advice and being open minded about the responses. You're going to do just fine!
  • ljcreekmore
    Thank you for the encouragement, debrakgoogins. I am at my heaviest. And had been feeling a little depressed, so i guess i was looking for that 1 little miracle. But, when it is all said and done, hard work and common sense is what will win the day.
  • debrakgoogins
    I completely understand. You're not the only one that wants a quick fix. The fact that you are willing so seek advice and actually listen to it is a huge thing. Don't get discouraged. It probably took you quite a while to put on the weight you have now. It will take you a while to get it off. If you do it right, by learning portion control and truly being honest with yourself about how much you are eating, you will learn to take care of yourself. The rest will fall into place. Start weighing your food and trying to stay under your calorie goals and you will see a change. Remember that only losing half a pound a week is 26 pounds at the end of a year. Picture 104 sticks of butter all stacked up...that is 26 pounds. That is a significant accomplishment.
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    My step-sister has been selling/using those for over a year now. She hasn't lost a pound, so I wouldn't count on this product to work (amongst many other reasons).
  • ljcreekmore
    With the holidays over, I am in full mindset to get healthier.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited January 2016

But... but... It's the secret that the weight loss industry doesn't want you to know... Scientists just don't get it because it uses some ancien African herbs mixed with Eastern meditation techniques (and secret freely available on worldwide mass media for the right price)
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Thank you for the encouragement, debrakgoogins. I am at my heaviest. And had been feeling a little depressed, so i guess i was looking for that 1 little miracle. But, when it is all said and done, hard work and common sense is what will win the day.

Great response OP. In no time you'll be there! MFP is full of success stories.
    (But... I secretly really wish there was a magic pill too :( )
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Sounds like this post had a happy ending. Best wishes OP!