Replies

• nfigeley
    nfigeley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    nfigeley wrote: »
    whmscll wrote: »
    What is a "clean" carb?

unprocessed , No breads like carbs that come from your veggies , broc, spinach, cauliflower . I try and stick to more of a paleo style diet trying to get Ideas to replace the grains that are currently in my diet .

I was going to suggest peas, beans, and lentils, but those are likely out as well. I believe that sweet potatoes are considered acceptable by most people who follow paleo. And depending on your flavor of paleo, raw white potatoes (I really don't understand that one). Some people like riced cauliflower, although I hate the flavor of cauliflower, so I've never had it.

I tried paleo for a little while, but it cut out too many foods I enjoy, and there was no reason for me to suffer since only a calorie deficit is needed.

you should deff try cauliflower, I have made it riced and it it actually really good . Yes Sweet potatoes are my main source when I go Full Paleo . Trying to ease back into it this week. Only reason I do Paleo is beacuse it seems to be the most effective.
    Thanks ;-)
  • nfigeley
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What are some of your fav (clean grain free) carbs to get in to meet what you need for the day or post workouts ?

What carbs do you need to meet? Aren't they optional? I track protein and keep an eye on fats both as minimums but let carbs fall where they will after meeting nutritional needs

I don't accept any need for clean eating ...a carb is a carb as long as it fits in to calories goal in my book
    I need to meet 144 carbs a day while I am training , my coach says it is essential for recovery and training .
    I wish a carb was a carb in my book. I am trying to stick to the fruits and veggie carbs because they make me feel the best and support the weight lean body mass I am trying to reach . Heavy "white" carbs tend to make me crash hard.
    But i love them so much !
  • nfigeley
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds sprinkled with cinnamon to snack on, I love them :)

raw?? that sounds yummy !
  • nfigeley
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    blended frozen banana post workout - tastes like ice cream!

Yonanas-50eb4c2e.jpeg?ver=1415385736&aspectratio=1.5

Yum I have done this but havn't done this is over a year.. Good reminder ! thank you !
    _benjammin wrote: »
    Didn't realize you were looking for paleo options. Still, I thought paleo had a number of meanings, I'm sure there are homemade paleo swedish fish on pinterest. lol

haha when you find that for me let me know !
  • nfigeley
    Options
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What are some of your fav (clean grain free) carbs to get in to meet what you need for the day or post workouts ?

What carbs do you need to meet? Aren't they optional? I track protein and keep an eye on fats both as minimums but let carbs fall where they will after meeting nutritional needs

I don't accept any need for clean eating ...a carb is a carb as long as it fits in to calories goal in my book
    I need to meet 144 carbs a day while I am training , my coach says it is essential for recovery and training .
    I wish a carb was a carb in my book. I am trying to stick to the fruits and veggie carbs because they make me feel the best and support the weight lean body mass I am trying to reach . Heavy "white" carbs tend to make me crash hard.
    But i love them so much !

How do legumes make you feel?

I know they are excluded from modern paleo diets, but were not excluded from the diets of our actual paleo ancestors.
  • nfigeley
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm not a fan of beans ( black or pinto) yuck! But would be willing to explore others ?? Are green beans ? What's your fav ?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Yes raw, taste sweet. I like them spiced up with chilli powder too.
  • nfigeley
    Options

Yes raw, taste sweet. I like them spiced up with chilli powder too.

yum thanks I will try that !
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm not a fan of beans ( black or pinto) yuck! But would be willing to explore others ?? Are green beans ? What's your fav ?

My favorite is chick peas (garbanzo beans), they taste different, they don't have a "bean-y" taste imo. If you like hummus or falafel, you've had chick peas already! They are super versatile, too.

Also white beans are amazing.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

My favorite is chick peas (garbanzo beans), they taste different, they don't have a "bean-y" taste imo. If you like hummus or falafel, you've had chick peas already! They are super versatile, too.

Also white beans are amazing.

Lentils too.