What frustrates you in the gym?

Options

Replies

• ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    I have my own gym at my house but for things like deadlifts and other certain exercises, I force myself to go.
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    Good looking lifters who HAVE to work out right in front of me while I cycle. Wait, no. That's my favorite thing.

Sorry about that lol

Life is so hard sometimes.... But if someone has to be there, might as well be me :smiley::blush:
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I train Rocky style. Who needs a gym?
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Even though it's none of my business, bad form frustrates me. I see people with really bad form and heavy weight and I want to jump in and help but I don't unless they ask. Oh well, live and learn.
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    @ThatFatAsianNerd Love that dog dude! I had a basset hound. Switched up after she passed and now we have two little *kitten* min pins. Mother and son, and their only mission in life, is to destroy you.

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    There are some 200 pound toddlers who don't know how to put away their toys at the rec center I use. Every time I go in its like an Easter egg hunt to find the plates, bars and other equipment I need. Last time I couldn't find a single 25# plate in the free weight area. Finally found them stacked in a corner on the other side of the room.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    • Guys that don't rerack their weights. You never know if that bench or squat rack is taken and the guy just went for water or if it's been abandoned for 15 minutes.
    • On that note, guys that wander around for 5 minutes between sets. It's fine if you have to rest but stay in the area.
    • The music the gym plays. I've heard 2 good songs in almost 2 years.
    • That one guy with the oxygen deprivation mask and the 7 people that follow him around to watch him workout.
    • People get too close to you while deadlifting. That's highly distracting.
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    kchuskey wrote: »
    @ThatFatAsianNerd Love that dog dude! I had a basset hound. Switched up after she passed and now we have two little *kitten* min pins. Mother and son, and their only mission in life, is to destroy you.

Yeah, they're pretty awesome. I had one for nearly 14 years, basically grew up with him. They can eat anything. I used to chuck McDonald's cheeseburgers and all that on the floor and they'd just devour it in seconds. Only thing about Bassets is that they will run up on people coming to your house in an aggressive manner (FRIENDLY though) and slobber all over them. :D

I'll probably get one some time down the road, but like you, having two smaller ones at this time is more than a handful at times.

• JACave21
    JACave21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I scan my card and the little turnstile doesn't budge and makes me look a fool to the person at the desk.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    People that cruise around the parking lot looking for a spot near the entrance.
  • Nuke807
    Nuke807 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Hahaha, right? You are at the gym, the extra 100' you have to walk won't kill you!
  • junelove89
    junelove89 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    People who just sit in the machines and not use them. People who just go there to socialize and take up all the equipment instead of letting those of us who are there to workout use them.
  • lozkent
    lozkent Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find it so irritating when girls are on the treadmills, going at a ridiculously slow walking pace, holding there phones checking their facebook page!!!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Slowly cycling/walking on the treadmill, not breaking a sweat whilst playing games on their phone, updating twitter, retouching the make up (mainly just the girls, and the occasional dude) and reading their fashion magazine. Then loudly comment to their friends about what an exhausting workout they have just done.
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

I hate these people, or those that will honk at you for your parking space. I just shut the truck off and play on my phone until they leave. I don't even park in the front for the lack of space to back out (F350 crew cab, long bed dually - 20 point turn to get out of a space). And most of these people, well, they could use the extra walk.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Inability to re-rack weights. Or re-racking them in the wrong area. Can you really not read the sticker that states that should be a 35 lb. dumbbell where you decided to put the 15??!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    People using up valuable bench space texting.

Some people are using their phones to follow online fitness/lifting programs. I know it's annoying but it's part of our current society. I know my son is a starving college student and he can't afford a trainer. He uses an app at the on campus gym.
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Listened to 2 catty women snark about another woman that wasn't present today...through my ear buds, cranked up. Just a general pet peeve, but use INSIDE voices! lol
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »
    Even though it's none of my business, bad form frustrates me. I see people with really bad form and heavy weight and I want to jump in and help but I don't unless they ask. Oh well, live and learn.

@headofphat I disagree, it's your business because if they become disabled, from an injury & can't work you'll be providing their food stamps & section 8.