What frustrates you in the gym?

Options

Replies

• cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Those elderly people using some machine incorrectly...quite funny. Or in general, when there's a lot of people :/
  • tiggeril
    tiggeril Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Four words: Stop Looking At Me
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Yes... people stopping by to have a chat with me when I'm in the middle of a set! I simply ignore them... Also, people using the barbells incorrectly, especially the squat rack!
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    We have recently had an influx of people who leave their used kleenex sitting all over the machines/benches/floors...it's nasty as h3ll and seriously?? It's cold season! Our gym has put out trash bins EVERYWHERE. You are always within 10-20 feet of one...you're really going to leave a bench covered in five or six dirty snotrags?!?!
  • halilbuz
    halilbuz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    People chatting on their phones while resting. That's 1 set 10 min chat, 1 set 10 min chat.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    horrible floor surfaces-fans up too high--how much effort it takes to actually get there; i'm fine if someone starts to chat me up and if someone wears perfume or hair spray it doesn't deter me from my workout...
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    1. the scale
    2. my trainer... sometimes...
    3. Bathrooms are not clean at all... neither are the showers...
    4. When the Zumba instructor is late
  • faithfulheart888
    faithfulheart888 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Generally I swim more than use the gym. But I can't stand overly splashy swimmers! Also when someone swims too close to you or cuts you up when the pools almost empty!
  • CardiganandFlannel
    CardiganandFlannel Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Curls and pullups in the squat rack
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    men who think the weights room is only for men. :s
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Generally I swim more than use the gym. But I can't stand overly splashy swimmers! Also when someone swims too close to you or cuts you up when the pools almost empty!

Splashy swimmers are a problem and the ones who cause waves to make me feel like I am swimming in open water. I don't know how they do it.
  • briggsykim
    briggsykim Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    People that go to the gym sick. Keep the germs at home
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    bdgfn wrote: »
    Okay, so this isn't so much a frustration as a WTF? The people who come in, hop on a treadmill and put a magazine or book on the screen. Yeah, I know, most treadmills have a lip to hold something like that, but I figure, if I'm there, I'm going to be going full out, and if I just want to read, I'll do that elsewhere. But then, that's just me. Maybe that is an "easy" day for them. :/

I have to admit. I am one of these people. Sometimes I get to the gym half an hour before I am scheduled with my trainer. I will jump on the treadmill and read something while I walk at a 3 mph pace for about 15 minutes then switch to the stationary bike for 15 minutes. I just use it as an easy warm up before I start kicking butt. But...I don't choose the treadmill or bike directly next to someone else so it's all good, right? Right??
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    briggsykim wrote: »
    People that go to the gym sick. Keep the germs at home

Well what you call sick?
    Cause when i am coming down with a cold, i still workout. Unless i can feel my head spin. It's a good way to get rid of the inner attacks actually.

If i can come to work, i can workout as well.

If you are contagious please, please, please don't go to the gym and put everyone else at risk of catching your cold. I hate how people think they are heroes or strong or whatever when they go to work or gym while sick. No that doesn't make you cool it makes you very selfish, rude and inconsiderate of others. Some people like myself are immunosuppressed and a cold, flu, etc could kill me and others like me. I shouldn't have to stay in my house all the time and should be able to go lift all the things without worrying about rude people.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    stinky poops. the locker room reeked so bad, it smelled like something died
  • thepants1
    thepants1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No one wants to see you walking around naked. (Well, those that would be in the men's locker room anyway)
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    When the gym is too cold. When hot girls are allowed to wear clothing.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    thepants1 wrote: »
    No one wants to see you walking around naked. (Well, those that would be in the men's locker room anyway)

I don't get this? When I'm naked in a locker room, it's not about what YOU want to see. If YOU don't want to see my ding-a-ling, don't look. Christ, it's not like it's being wind-milled on your leg or something. It's just a dick...

I'm not putting clothes on wet and I'm not going to try and keep part of my towel covering my junk with one hand to try and dry off with another to keep somebody else from seeing it.

Never understood the "don't walk around naked in the locker room" attitude.. that's what it's for.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Thank you all -- it's so nice to know I'm not the only one with some of these pet peeves!

The people who sit and don't use equipment don't bother me much, because I'll just walk up and ask "Are you using this? Because it doesn't look like you are." Evil but effective. I've also been known to walk over to the idiot who drops the weights with a crash (which often breaks the machine) that if he needs to drop the weight, it's too heavy for him and he should back off to something he can handle. Probably helps that this is a university gym and the students seem to think I'm a professor, not a grad student. :wink:

eye roll.... do you even lift bro?

I'm not gonna set 500lbs down quietly. That's worse for my body than dropping it.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Christ, it's not like it's being wind-milled on your leg or something. It's just a dick...

Thank you. I just snarfed coffee out of my nose and onto my keyboard. If it shorts out, I'm coming for you and your wind milling junk.