What frustrates you in the gym?

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Most frustrating thing in the gym is when people grunt. Ffs, no one to hear their sex noise and see cum face.

Apologies for being too forward!

I can't even with some of these responses. Why is the sound and facial expressions somebody makes in the gym equated to sex?

When I hear somebody grunt or see somebody make a facial expression when lifting I think "Gee, that must be heavy weight for them. Good for them for pushing their body to high limits"

What I don't think is "Gee, sounds like somebody is having sex in the gym. Oh, I bet that's what their face looks like right before ejaculation!"

It's great people pushing themselves. But making grunting noises means they should drop the weight. By all means, grunt in your home, but it puts people off especially when they working out 'in their zone'. No one wants distractions.

know how I know you don't even lift?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SAVAGE!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Some of these responses...LOL. I pay my gym membership same as the next person. If I want to hop on a treadmill at 2.5 mph and check my Facebook/Twitter/MFP, well, I paid to do that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My gym kicks *kitten*...it is not open to the public. My trainer owns a small studio gym and anyone working out there is being trained by him or one of the other 3 trainers. A handful of us have open access "executive" memberships.

Most of the time, it's just me and maybe 2 or 3 other people working out...4 at the most.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    A lot of these "frustrations" are very judgmental. Frustrations to me are things that affect me personally.

I have to agree. Some of the issues, like going too slow (for your sensibilities) on a treadmill or reading/checking a phone while on it, farting, grunting...seriously? I have had nearly 10 surgeries in as many years because of an accident, still have a permanently dislocated pelvis and a torn rotator cuff. But guess what? My *kitten* is in the gym and I am doing everything that I am physically capable of doing to stay as mobile and healthy as possible. I will probably never run on a treadmill. It hurts my hips too much. But I can walk, at a fairly good pace. I'll never win a bikini contest but I still lift. Sometimes I grunt because that *kitten* is hard. But, I am doing it. My son uses a fitness app to track his work at college so he is one of those guys who uses his phone between reps. Big deal.

I guess my biggest pet peeve is the people who have enough time to notice how annoying I am. Concentrate on your own workout and you won't notice me. Wear headphones and you won't hear me. And, maybe if you farted once in a while, you wouldn't be so damned uptight.

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    The people with headphones that pretend they don't know you are trying to get their attention. If you are a dude, I am not looking for a Bromance. If you are a woman, I am not trying to chat you up. I just want to know if you know if the bench or rack is being used by someone since it is unattended but loaded up with weights.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Those hairy guys who grunt and use steriods (Juice Monkeys)
  • Buttery_Char_dNay
    Options
    I really hate it when I've got the perfect gym selfie and then some stupid person walks in front of me trying to get to some equiptment. As if they don't understand the whole purpose.
  • biodigit
    biodigit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Man, I gotta put this out there though, but some of y'all are bunch of complainers! Sorry, but some of the things people are complaining about are just unavoidable if there is a shared public setting - there is just no running away from it.

Although the common etiquette of re-racking and cleaning up after yourselves should be required. Anything else is just gonna happen in a shared environment.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Running into everyone I know...and then they want to chat...WHILE I'm on the treadmill -_-

oh heck yes
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    Those hairy guys who grunt and use steriods (Juice Monkeys)

Steriods...what are those exactly? I prefer a bit of hair over manscaped. I don't want my man having smoother legs than I do.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    The women with bigger butts than me working to build their butts. Like, way to butt shame me. Now I feel bad about my lumpy butt.
  • johnnylakis
    Options
    biodigit wrote: »
    Sorry, but some of the things people are complaining about are just unavoidable if there is a shared public setting.
    grunting?

• johnnylakis
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    Running into everyone I know...and then they want to chat...WHILE I'm on the treadmill -_-
    I love that, makes the time fly by!

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    When some (jealous) woman tells me I can't wear yoga pants because my junk is too big and conspicuous.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    When some (jealous) woman tells me I can't wear yoga pants because my junk is too big and conspicuous.

OMG....bwahahahaha
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Meh. I rarely get phased. I do my thing and then leave.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You know what I hate at the gym? 2 things really...

1. I hate to see people doing unsafe lifts either because their form is bad or because they are trying to lift too much for working sets

2. People who are paying WAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION TO OTHER PEOPLE.

I notice stuff, I might mention extreme examples of #1 to my husband or FL --- but generally speaking IDGAF because I am there to do my lifts to the best of my ability and get out. I am not there to worry if I am bugging anyone else, I am mannerly and don't hog equipment but I am paying to be there. So I am going to do what I need to do, however I need to do it and get out.

The end.
  • PushAgainstThePlateau
    Options
    I hate that they kick me out if I don't wear pants. :(
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    biodigit wrote: »
    Sorry, but some of the things people are complaining about are just unavoidable if there is a shared public setting.
    grunting?

If I'm pulling almost 200 pounds off the floor and I let out a little grunt, I am not sorry.
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    I hate that they kick me out if I don't wear pants. :(

I don't see the problem. Unless of course, you're wind-milling.