Options
    great thread. 10/10 material right here

I thought that it was more like 0/2.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Slimdownmb wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @Slimdownmb how many calories are you netting per day?

Somewhere between 1200-1500

How tall are you?
  • worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree with apples... Apple pectin from the health food store in supplement form and probiotics are a must for me!
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    When I eat an entire grapefruit a day, no issues. I don't think we, meaning ME, are meant to only 'go' once or twice a week.
  • lizkharvey
    lizkharvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What type of probiotics is best?
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    lizkharvey wrote: »

There are some good ones out there. You can get them naturally through probiotic yogurts, kefir, or kombucha but if you don't like any of those you can get it in capsul form. My doc recommended Align and it has done wonders for me. Others feel like they need the expensive refrigerated kind but those always gave me a stomach ache.
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Let your body tell you when it wants to go.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    It's likely that your body is just responding to eating less food. Happened to me too.
  • worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I found probiotics to be a trial and error... Unfortunately, seldom will it be that two people have the same experience, so you really have to find one that works for you...I think you just have to try out one that looks good to you and/or is recommended and if it's not giving you the desired results, try another one...eventually one will fit...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    lizkharvey wrote: »

There are ones with strains included that specifically help constipation. Try one of those, along with magnesium before bed.
  • wykkedtruth
    wykkedtruth Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    krithsai wrote: »
    Take a fiber supplement, drink LOTS of water and eat your vegetables. Avoid rice, white bread, apples and unripe bananas.

Why avoid apples? If I eat a whole apple, I assure you, a BM will happen whether I like it or not.

Because apples, rices, bananas and toast are all part of the BRAT diet. The brat diet if was it recommended when someone has vomiting/diarrhea, in other words it is a binding diet. It will produce the exact opposite results.

Brat diet is low fiber, gentle on the stomach/colon. Its generally used because its bland and easy on the stomach and helps to firm up stools. Bananas are rich in potassium to replace lost electrolytes. And applesauce was the A- never apples, your intestines have to work harder to break down apples.

I second the coffee, or any hot beverage if caffeine is not in your meal plan. The warm liquids promote vasodilation and GI activity. Hot water and lemon is great.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced that the only reason this thread is still active is because everyone likes to talk about poop, whether they admit it or not.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!
    I have coffee every morning - loads of fruit and veg and plenty of water!
    I'm not bloated or uncomfortable ... i just feel like i should be going more than i do - i used to go at least once a day.. now its like 3 times a week (max 4)...
    Not painful or difficult when i do have a bm.

So glad to know its not just me tho - haha thanks again everyone!! xx

In this case you don't need to worry. When you are on a diet, especially a low calorie diet, the amount of food you are eating is not enough to create the bulk of refuse needed to trigger the urge to visit the toilet on a daily basis. If you really want to go every day, increase your calories and/or eat back the calories you get from exercise.

@amusedmonkey I agree, which is why I am convinced that the OP; has an eating disorder. I believe that she isn't losing, like she planned and/or hoped & is desperate because of her previous thread, about her overaggressive weight loss goals:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10308778/1-stone-to-loose-by-feb-the-1st/p1

I also notice that despite the title of this thread, she indicates that she just "wants" to go #2 everyday; not that she has any issues with constipation.

EATING DISORDER?

Sorry but are your kidding me! Such a *kitten* thing to say?
    Its not nothing to do with my last post? My WHOLE life I've had a BM nearly everyday, it just seems wierd to me when i eat clean i only go a couple times a week. I was only curious as to what other people think... or experience.

You may reply and say how you wasn't being rude, and you was only concerned, which if i'm honest is BS.
    I read it rude and i don't really appreciate you judging me based on the topics i post about on the discussion board.

When 1 asks for advice, they're asking to be judged; upon the information that they provide. Which also includes previous posts, on other threads; especially if there might be a relation. Most of the time, there's a correlation between a desire; for frequent bowel movements & an eating disorder. Therefore my suspicion was fair. However since you've provided more information, concerning the frequency of your prior bowel movements; my current opinion is that because you're consuming less, you have less waste to produce; which then equates with having to go #2 less.

Since I didn't address you, with my previous response; it wasn't concern but being suspicious, doesn't indicate rudeness either. I didn't address you with concern because you weren't receptive, to concerning posts to you; in your previous thread. You instead took those concerns, as offenses because they didn't agree, with your goals. So I didn't see the point in being concerned, if you were going to be offended; it would've just been a waste of my care. Also with my post on this thread to another poster, you mistook my belief; as an accusation against you. It seems impossible, to either address you or respond to someone else; without you mistaken intent. So I won't continue to clarify my comments, to you; even though clarity is important to me but none of my posts, have never even been sarcastic (which I consider rude); when addressing those seeking help. Otherwise since this is a public forum, we don't get to decide whom and/or how someone responds. We just get to decide, whether or not; to make our business public & thus subject ourselves, to the public's opinion; of us.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Dreysander wrote: »
    Squatty potty. Changed my life.

The unicorn commercial is hilarious.

I want one of these!!!

OP, I find some warm water will usually relax things and get me started in the morning.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    So I'm on day 3 without going and I'm getting kinda desparate. I just ate raw coffee beans because my french press is broken, took a shot of tequila, and stuck my finger up there and held my breath. Just got a very tiny amount. But, my farts smell absolutely amazing jk. Um yeah I hope this isn't my new normal until i hit my goal weight and start eating maintenance. I have been taking a probiotic the last couple days and stopped today. I was backed up 2 days before and then went like 5 times the next day. Wonder if it has anything to do with that. Anyway I'm stopping that for a few days to see what happens
  • Christine_72
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    So I'm on day 3 without going and I'm getting kinda desparate. I just ate raw coffee beans because my french press is broken, took a shot of tequila, and stuck my finger up there and held my breath. Just got a very tiny amount. But, my farts smell absolutely amazing jk. Um yeah I hope this isn't my new normal until i hit my goal weight and start eating maintenance. I have been taking a probiotic the last couple days and stopped today. I was backed up 2 days before and then went like 5 times the next day. Wonder if it has anything to do with that. Anyway I'm stopping that for a few days to see what happens

Magnesium, magnesium, magnesium! This seems to be the most popular one to help keep things moving.

8nbk1fcra5pu.jpeg
  • srecupid
    Options

Magnesium, magnesium, magnesium! This seems to be the most popular one to help keep things moving.

8nbk1fcra5pu.jpeg

It's 10 degrees out and I don't have a car. I'm on my 5th cup of tea for the day. I feel like i should be good tomorrow or I'll go insane.
  • Christine_72
    Options

8nbk1fcra5pu.jpeg

It's 10 degrees out and I don't have a car. I'm on my 5th cup of tea for the day. I feel like i should be good tomorrow or I'll go insane.

You can order it online. Add a couple tbs of coconut oil to your tea :+1:
  • srecupid
    Options

8nbk1fcra5pu.jpeg

You can order it online. Add a couple tbs of coconut oil to your tea :+1:

That I can do. Maybe I'll try that tonight. I have some of that smove move tea in my cabinet but, last time i took it i was up at 4am with bad cramps tried to go and couldn't then finally got back up at 4:30 and was able to go.