Where my coffee lovers?

Options
So I love coffee. I mean I love coffee creamer. Help how do I make it better for me without cutting it out.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I use milk. Better protein content.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I use a splash of almond milk. As long as it's a brand and roast that I like I don't need to add much to it.
  • myokley
    myokley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree; I love coffee....creamer too! Decided today it was taking up too many calories and have switched to 1% milk. It is a big change and will take some getting use to, but it was better than cutting coffee completely out of my routine.
  • VeryBerryJen
    VeryBerryJen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you're a flavored coffee creamer lover, try using a flavored coffee, then using milk.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    better coffee doesn't need creamer
    i like door county coffee and archer farms is good too, plus i have a lot of local roasters around here
  • Skytha
    Skytha Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I went through this issue awhile back as well - luckily, I got tired of the creamer and I use Half and Half now. I don't think it's any better in terms of calories, but I'm happy to be cutting out all those chemicals and sugar. I know there are certain things I just can't compromise on without being miserable. I'd never stick to cutting down on calories if I didn't have certain things to look forward to, and coffee is one of those!

Also, as in the previous post, maybe it's your kind of coffee. I used to skimp and buy cheap coffee, therefore I never really enjoyed the taste and needed the creamer. Once I started buying better coffee (still staying within a budget though, I can't spend 15-20 on a pound of coffee!!) the creamer just wasn't very good anymore.
  • djprice_69
    djprice_69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I used to use the Coffee mate french vanilla creamer. It is delicious. Then I read the back of the package. Wow - total garbage. If you're stuck on your creamer (which, even with good coffee, I get it, creamer is good), try this: heavy whipping cream, a few drops of Real Vanilla, and a few drops of Stevia vanilla-flavored sweetener (I like the Sweet Leaf brand), whip it into whipped cream, and store in your fridge. This will last at least a week in your fridge, maybe more. I've used up to a heaping tablespoon in one cup of coffee (keep in mind my 'cup' is anywhere from 16-20 oz), and it really tastes great. Best part? No complete garbage ingredients. You can argue all day long on the heavy whipping cream, but when it is used in lieu of the garbage name-brand sweetener, it is a much better option.
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Booze
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I tried reduced sugar vanilla almond milk this weekend in mind and YUM!!
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Soy creamer?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    buy good quality coffee and drink it black or with a splash of milk if you need something to cut it...but good coffee really doesn't need all the stuff in it.
  • crazyjlyn
    crazyjlyn Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    djprice_69 wrote: »
    I used to use the Coffee mate french vanilla creamer. It is delicious. Then I read the back of the package. Wow - total garbage. If you're stuck on your creamer (which, even with good coffee, I get it, creamer is good), try this: heavy whipping cream, a few drops of Real Vanilla, and a few drops of Stevia vanilla-flavored sweetener (I like the Sweet Leaf brand), whip it into whipped cream, and store in your fridge. This will last at least a week in your fridge, maybe more. I've used up to a heaping tablespoon in one cup of coffee (keep in mind my 'cup' is anywhere from 16-20 oz), and it really tastes great. Best part? No complete garbage ingredients. You can argue all day long on the heavy whipping cream, but when it is used in lieu of the garbage name-brand sweetener, it is a much better option.

Im going to try this!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love my morning coffee with creamer! I really like the Califia Farms Almond Milk Creamers, they run 15 cals per tablespoon and I like the ingredient list better than some of the more common brands.
    http://www.califiafarms.com/products/coffee-creamer/
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Adding a splash of vanilla extract might be something you like too. I make vanilla extract and my BIL always gets a big bottle because he likes it in his coffee. Of course vanilla extract = vanilla beans soaked in vodka/rum.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    MIUJen wrote: »
    If you're a flavored coffee creamer lover, try using a flavored coffee, then using milk.

It's what I do... flavored coffee.
  • subaru2016
    subaru2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There's some things I don't trade off and coffee with creamer is one of them, but now that I'm understanding all the crappy stuff that's in the creamer, I'm willing to switch off to something else that's a bit more healthier. I'm trying the whipping cream...Q: does it make coffee creamy? I love the texture of creamer. thanks for all the creamer replacement suggestions.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    better coffee doesn't need creamer

Agreed!! I drink at least one large, black, hot coffee every day, even during the summer. If you need something to lighten your drink, the best bet might be something almond milk based.

• 00EmilyJo00
    00EmilyJo00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like to have one cup a day with the creamer of my choice to satisfy the craving and then flavored coffee if I want more.
  • anitac0126
    anitac0126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So I love coffee. I mean I love coffee creamer. Help how do I make it better for me without cutting it out.

I looooove m'coffee. I was wasting 300+ calories in my concoctions. I managed to get it down to 62 calories a cup...
    6tsp powdered creamer. That's the calories.
    Splash of Torani sugar free caramel or French vanilla coffee syrup 0 calories.
    Dash of Stevia 0 calories.

That sugar-free coffee syrup is what makes it thicker- where I miss the coffee mate creamers. Ya know that thick creamy texture? The syrup is the key, but ist isn't AS junky as the coffee mate flavored creamer!

This comes from a die HARD coffee lover.
  • anitac0126
    anitac0126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    vqccx2au6jwx.jpg
    Here's a pic of the back of the bottle...