I Lost 275 Pounds!

Options

Replies

• buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yep, I know... just wanted to share my story, if it is one someone can relate to and possible help encourage- great! If not, I am sure someone else can fit the bill for them! There are many success stories out there, mine is one... no 'magic' weight loss plan- just changed my relationship with food, stopped feeding my feeling and chose to finally FEEL them... and in doing so, the weight came off and it gave me courage to change my life in other areas.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Hurray! I figured out how to post photos!
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an ad....Why are you on MFP if the other "chosen" plan worked so well. I'm thinking this post will/should go away too.
  • PaulaJ45
    PaulaJ45 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!
  • ParadiseLost91
    ParadiseLost91 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing achievment, the pictures speak for themselves!!

Did you get some kind of surgery for excess skin afterwards?
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    No 'ad' for anything or anyone... believe what you choose. I shared my photos, and if you want to be skeptical or doubt nothing I share would likely convince you. Lol! It's fine.

I don't go to WW any more because the meeting I went to was held on Saturdays, and no longer worked with our families schedule like it did when I began, things *do* change in 6 years! I checked into other meeting locations but it just wasn't the same with different members and a different Leader... and being in my goal
    range, I just opted to track on my own. That was when I found the MFP app.

• buttersbunch
    Options
    No surgeries! People often ask or worry about loose/excess skin with extreme weight loss, as it can be a concern for those losing a lot of weight, but for some it is not a problem, and I am blessed that for me it has not been.

Family genetics... how you carry your extra weight (pear shaped vs. apple or hourglass, etc)... how fast or slow it's lost (those who lose super fast like they do on those weight loss shows vs. a safer rate most often have problems)... how much water you drink (I always aim for at LEAST 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water and zero calorie fluids)... to 'how' you lose the weight- in a balanced, healthy method vs. some gimmicky way... ALL these things factor into someone's final outcome.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    What Mennonite sect doesn't have beards?
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Unless it's a 'Beachy' or 'Pilgrim' Mennonite group- basically no other Mennonite groups allow men to have beards. We weren't Amish (who's men grow beard when they marry)
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    A few more photos:

15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5b6m9cpmddar5.jpeg
    5qyqoayymsd7.jpeg
    o9lk383e668z.jpeg
    789078af53.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/is/sl9gfbv2x216.jpeg
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Maybe adhering to a calorie limit of 1,200
    would not work for most people to maintain their healthy weight range- but I was asked and it's what I personally need to be at. <sigh>

Trust me, being 275 pounds overweight was FAR from "healthy" and certainly not safe! I am enjoying the best health of my life, and am thankful for another chance to live the life I deserve to be living!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    I'd *love* to eat booko amounts of calories, but that isn't my reality. Staying healthy is my goal... and I eat plenty of healthy meals to do so and just opt out of eating excess, or splurging unless it's a special occasion. Keeping 275 pounds OFF is just as hard as losing it... putting it ON was the easiest thing in the world!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congratulations... I wish you continued success on your journey to wellness :-)
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    LOL . . I saw that episode. Amazing since I watch TV so rarely. Like once a month if that. But I could have sworn that before pic looks like a religion that bans electronics.
  • miss_vsg
    miss_vsg Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Congratulations. You look great. Its a little hard to believe you have no loose skin after losing so much weight.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    So funny you saw my episode on the Today Show! The east coast had President Obama on during my time slot, so only those outside of the Eastern time zone got to see it 'love'! Lol! We live in PA do none of our family or friends got to watch it live, only taped! ☺️

Yes, we dressed very ultra conservatively- we were almost always mistaken as Amish instead of Mennonite.

You know, I am just as amazed as anyone over not having loose skin! I know I am blessed... I have talked to a few others who have lost as much as I have (or close to it) that also had no issues, but talked with some who have lost 100 pounds or even LESS and have had problems! I never even stopped to think about it or even wondered about it till people started asking! Lol! I went from a waist of over 60 inches to wearing size 4 jeans and size X-small and small... it's crazy... but I am so thankful!

I drank (still do!) a LOT of water and 0 calorie fluids (at least 1/2 my weight at any given time in ounces) and tried hard to include veggies for all three meals...
    and didn't do any 'fad diet', etc... so perhaps that had a significant influence, besides my family genetics.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Live (not 'love')
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Thanks... and yes, I *easily* gain if I go above 1,200 (have been on thyroid meds
    for years!) but it is what it is

Same here! (for the calorie number) Congrats on such a huge weightloss, I know it would have been a lot of hard work, but look at you now! its really payed off!

- ignore the haters on here, they are just forum material, lose a pound here and there, get bored then move to another diet all the while not really going anywhere, and then almost blow up with jealousy when someone else lost a tremendous amount of weight.

It doesn't matter if you used WW or FB, what matters now is that you have your life and your health back.

To me, your a true rolemodel. <3<3

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!