Gained ten pounds in a day!

Normally my posts are positive but I'm just so bummed.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    you know that's impossible right?
  • Heather_vaughn
    Heather_vaughn Posts: 39 Member
    Oh damm I meant to copy and paste this.. Had surgery :/
  • Heather_vaughn
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,135 Member
    As I said in your other thread, - it's water retention. Very common after surgery. Cut yourself some slack, you got cut open.
  • Heather_vaughn
    Weird it's not letting me paste..I had appendix surgery and I know it's water weight bit with me not being able to work out now and being heavier I'm super discouraged
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    no you didn't
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Posted in your other thread. Adding it here for anyone who comes along with the same question. Surgery comes with inflammation and water retention. It's normal. Your body needs to do it to help knit your muscle back together. Stay off the scale and be sure you're feeding your body enough to heal.
  • Heather_vaughn
    It's just hard when I can't work out. I just sit here bored and heavier than normal. Not a good combo! I want to work out it helps me be motivated
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    This past summer my Dr. took me off of the blood pressure medication I have been on for years. I gained almost 12 lbs from the water weight the following day. Less than a week later it was gone.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    They probably pumped tons of iv fluids into you
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    It's just hard when I can't work out. I just sit here bored and heavier than normal. Not a good combo! I want to work out it helps me be motivated

Which is more important to you: working out or not screwing up your abdominal muscles for life? You may need to reorient your priorities a bit.
  • Heather_vaughn
    No I know which is more important but doesn't mean I can't be bummed about it. When I don't work out I lose my motivation to eat well. And then I'm just a fat lazy bum .. mom of two has no time to recover from this damn surgery.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,649 Member
    No I know which is more important but doesn't mean I can't be bummed about it. When I don't work out I lose my motivation to eat well. And then I'm just a fat lazy bum .. mom of two has no time to recover from this damn surgery.

You always have control of your diet, right? So make the right decisions with it while you recuperate.

• Heather_vaughn
    I know I know that is the problem I'm a terribel binge eater and the early morning cardio was motivating me and keeping me in check for the day but I do realize if I want it bad enough I'll do it if not then it's on me
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,649 Member
    I know I know that is the problem I'm a terribel binge eater and the early morning cardio was motivating me and keeping me in check for the day but I do realize if I want it bad enough I'll do it if not then it's on me

Make sure your calorie goal isn't too aggressive. And lighten up - you just had surgery. Think of the big picture: health first, fitness later.

It may help to remove tempting food from the house. Make your environment a little more user friendly until you've got a handle on things again.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Weird it's not letting me paste..I had appendix surgery and I know it's water weight bit with me not being able to work out now and being heavier I'm super discouraged

Laparoscopic? Give it a week and you'll have lost the water weight and be back in the gym.

In the meantime, relax, take care of yourself and heal.
  • Heather_vaughn
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Laparoscopic? Give it a week and you'll have lost the water weight and be back in the gym.

Yup but the workout I like is cardio kick boxing and its a lot of stretching and sharp moments I'm a little worried I'm going to rip something open!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Yup but the workout I like is cardio kick boxing and its a lot of stretching and sharp moments I'm a little worried I'm going to rip something open!

You feel that way now. In a week when the wound is healed up and you don't even feel like you had any surgery, not so much. Lol

Oh, and in case the doc doesn't tell you this, the tootsie roll under the scar lasts for about 8-9 months.
  • Heather_vaughn
    Hmm I don't feel anything I have three small scars
  • Carlos_421
    Hmm I don't feel anything I have three small scars

I had two small .25" incisions (one was in my belly button) and one about .5-.75 inches. The larger one had a knot underneath the scar after the incision fully healed.
    (I don't recommend poking around to find it before it heals up lol)