Options
Need friends doing low carb high protein, Atkins for motivation and support
Now 185Ib
Goal 165Ib by march

Replies

• edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Eat protein ( chic breast, tuna, fish, lean meats and veggies).
    Add 10,000 steps a day.
    Good luck and add me if you like
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Is like to be friends sort of doing Atkins - it's called Whole 30 - please add me
  • ljocker
    ljocker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Ketogenic, very similar to atkins, low carb high fat.
  • Lo0BLu
    Lo0BLu Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Be careful with that diet. I did it (8 years ago) for longer than I should have and my digestive system has never been the same.
    I will say, It works for short term weight loss but I put it all back on.
    Add me if you want to chat about it :)
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I
    Lo0BLu wrote: »
    Be careful with that diet. I did it (8 years ago) for longer than I should have and my digestive system has never been the same.
    I will say, It works for short term weight loss but I put it all back on.
    Add me if you want to chat about it :)

If you revert to the same eating habits that packed on the pounds to begin with of course you will put the weight back on.

Eating low carb is actually gaining more and more support in the medical community. There hundreds of thousands of people who maintain a healthy low carb WOE, there is nothing wrong with the Atkins diet, despite the nay-sayers.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There is a group of people on here that eat low carb. Here is a link for you and it contains a lot of info you may find helpful.
    Personally I like my ice cream too much :)
  • Floridaman789
    Floridaman789 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My daughters Doctor put her on a low carb and more protein. She started July 1 2015 she had lost 71 pounds so far. So that is what I am doing now I have lost 18 pounds in two weeks. She had stomach problems that's why he put here on low carb and here stomach is much better since she's has been eating low carb.
  • villarreal_viv
    villarreal_viv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me! Although i do alternate from low carb high protein to ketogenic low carb high fat. They both work nicely add me
  • wmd57
    wmd57 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Need friends doing low carb high protein, Atkins for motivation and support
    Now 185Ib
    Goal 165Ib by march

Atkins is a great diet. You must balance your low carb so you don't go to low. I tried it, but it was to hard to follow. Now I follow the food exchange system, as well as low carb. It's working a lot better.
    NonaMarie
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Doing ketogenic, add me!
  • staylorim
    staylorim Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Add me please!
  • jloague
    jloague Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What Up,
    I'm new to myfitnesspal. Im older & I no longer can't destroy a deep dish pizza then run a 5 miler, so I am changing my daily diet to get lean again. Looking for a group to stay motivated.....
  • mirandas88
    mirandas88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started a low carb diet a few days ago.. Add me if you want
  • sarahshafiq
    sarahshafiq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the replies
    Let's support each other.. Cheers
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Add me also, if you want. I started January 1. I need lose 50 pounds (again).
  • sarae1952
    sarae1952 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me...I've been doing low carb high protein for 3 months. I love new recipes!
  • kmq015
    kmq015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Im also following the ketogenic diet. Have lost 6-7 kg so far over the last 3 months, my weight has stalled the last 3 weeks despite being awesomely good over christmas. Im now attempting a fat fast for a few days and struggling to get my macros right. This app is helping alot. Since starting Keto, its the first time ive been able to budge any weight since popping out 2 beautiful children. My main goal is to reverse my insulin resistance and hopefully, weightloss follows suit. I have a quite a ways to go though. Id love some fellow keto supporters or Atkins supporters as its very similar. Feel free to add me. Regards Krystal
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hi Hun,

I have started today.
    Its NOT easy! Ha.

Limited sugar, sodium.
    High fats and moderate protein
  • kmq015
    Options
    Well just weighed in this morning. After 4 days of fat fasting, im down 2.9 kg. With keto ranges between 1 and 2.7mmol for the 4 days. I wont say its easy but it certainly wasnt haed. And its worth it to get the weight moving again. Heehah! Has anyone else here done the fat fast before?
  • kmq015
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    Hi Hun,

I have started today.
    Its NOT easy! Ha.

Limited sugar, sodium.
    High fats and moderate protein

I prob wouldnt be reducing ur sodium, perhaps you have other health issues to consider but low carb/high fat diet generally require higher sodium intake as we lose more electrolytes due to the eating style being diuretic. Ive had to increase my sodium (using himalyan salt) take magnesium and will hopefully find potassium supplements soon too. If im too low on these i get chronic leg cramps at night. Mostly on the days when i over do water consumption. These supplements and salts can help reduce ketoflu symptoms too.