Losing lag

Options
I would love to get some friends to support my new diet. I am going to eat clean which is a lifestyle really and have to give up Diet Coke my vice but will not give up my morning coffee!

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    ."Eat clean" doesn't really mean anything.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel you need to give up diet coke? It has little to no calories and so wont have any impact on your weight loss.

'Clean eating' is also unlikely to make much of an impact on your weight unless you are using it in conjunction with calorie counting, but you will still be able to find some support for it on here even though most people go solely by the CICO approach. Just so you know, clean eating isn't necessary for weight loss, only a calorie deficit is, although I do understand that obviously people chose to 'eat clean' for other reasons.

If you're looking for support a quick search can bring up all sorts of threads and groups- here's the first clean eating one I came across.
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's more because I feel better when I don't eat chemicals in processed foods
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For me eat clean means not eating a bunch of crap but eating real food while food and not chemicals in my food so that's what I meant
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's unnecessary to give up anything. Eat in a deficit and you'll lose.