I Lost 275 Pounds!

Options

Replies

• buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I used WW to lose the weight... starting at 410 pounds and getting to 135 pounds... I originally went to WW meetings on Saturdays, which was a perfect- when I started 6 years ago! However, after 2-3 years our families
    schedule changed, and getting to the Saturday meeting became harder to do. I checked out meetings out but never clicked with them (they vary greatly!), and since I was already done losing, I made the choice to start tracking on my own,
    and found MFP in the apps of my iPhone.

I have not 'joined' MFP in any way but to use the app for my own accountability. I just today was looking at the app and discovered the 'community'- and thought maybe someone might be encouraged by my weight loss story, as so many people are starting off on new weight loss journeys for the New Year.

I share on a FB page I created to free my regular FB page up for my family and friends from so much 'weight loss talk', and it just grew... (close to 16,000 now)
    So when I say I share on FB that's what I mean... hope that clarifies.

I believe getting to the ROOT of 'why'
    someone has weight to lose is crucial
    in success. I have found with those needing to lose a significant amount that it is almost *always* connected with emotional eating and dependency on food, 'feeding feelings' instead of feeling them- which is what I did.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Kitty, you are so gracious... thank you for taking the time to write me such a sweet note! Wishing you every joy & blessing! ❤️
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    totally random, but you have the most gorgeous eyes ive ever seen!

(and congrats LOL)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Lol! Thank you so much, Callsitlikeiseeit! ☺️

Thank you, Rebecca!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Totally inspirational! I want to second your statement about most with a lot of weight to lose is almost always connected to emotional issues. I just experienced getting rid of some serious emotional baggage and when I did so it really cleared the way for me to come to MFP and start here with hope that I can actually accomplish something now (after trying for years). Well done, buttersbunch!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    So happy for you, ronjsteele1!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Tara, thanks?! Lol!! Not sure what motive I would have to share such a story... plenty of 'proof' in my story being true by my photos, my appearance on the Today Show, my FB page, etc... but it isn't your typical story of weight loss and change, so I understand how 'weird' it likely sounds. ☺️
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Some more 'side by side' photos from my journey to 'me'- losing 275 pounds and 'religion' to find the 'me' that I was always meant to be!!
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Weight loss is weight loss and any success story is a good read in my mind..
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you! ☺️
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to add that I find your story inspirational. How could one not be inspired by this success story and this gracious lady?
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you so much... I honestly just wanted to share with the hopes of possibly encouraging others who are facing a difficult weight loss journey or challenging changes in their life.
  • cpp_happy
    cpp_happy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow. Well done... Working through all that!!! And meeting success and confidence :smile:
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you, cpp_happy! ❤️
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So funny you saw my episode on the Today Show! The east coast had President Obama on during my time slot, so only those outside of the Eastern time zone got to see it 'love'! Lol! We live in PA do none of our family or friends got to watch it live, only taped! ☺️

Yes, we dressed very ultra conservatively- we were almost always mistaken as Amish instead of Mennonite.

You know, I am just as amazed as anyone over not having loose skin! I know I am blessed... I have talked to a few others who have lost as much as I have (or close to it) that also had no issues, but talked with some who have lost 100 pounds or even LESS and have had problems! I never even stopped to think about it or even wondered about it till people started asking! Lol! I went from a waist of over 60 inches to wearing size 4 jeans and size X-small and small... it's crazy... but I am so thankful!

I drank (still do!) a LOT of water and 0 calorie fluids (at least 1/2 my weight at any given time in ounces) and tried hard to include veggies for all three meals...
    and didn't do any 'fad diet', etc... so perhaps that had a significant influence, besides my family genetics.

It may have been a rerun, but I did see it cause the other lady lost quite a bit too, but she didn't look nearly as finished. AH . . Mennonite! I can never remember that one! I knew it wasn't Amish.

Good luck on your future health journeys

• blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    What a significant loss. Congrats!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you, and best wishes to you as well!!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! Way to get your life back in more ways than one! :)
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thanks so much! It may have taken me a while, but I finally found 'me' and feel so thankful to have healthy years ahead!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!