I Lost 275 Pounds!

Options

Replies

• deanaferrari
    deanaferrari Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! As is your determination and perseverance. Definitely an inspiration to those of us who have 120+ to lose. You pointed out that you're willing to share so if you don't mind, I am going to share your story with a few of my friends, OK? Congratulations on your ongoing success!!
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and no problem in sharing... glad to help encourage others! ❤️
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Amazing determination :) thank you for posting your story :smile:
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    You're welcome- and thank you!
  • judystransformation2016
    Options
    Congratulations! What a huge accomplishment.
    I sure do hope you found peace with the Lord after leaving such a restrictive situation. God is good, we are not.
    Whatever works for you and whatever paths or combinations work for you is what's best for you. Sometimes its difficult for some to keep their opinions to theirselves :)
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How do I find you on FB @buttersbunch
  • chancie72
    chancie72 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • kwbalance
    kwbalance Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I am a Lifetime member of WW too and have been since September of 2008. I am proud to say that I have kept off 30 pounds for seven years now. I'm now tracking exclusively on this site so I can keep track of the carbs and sugar grams. I am kind of tired of WW changing every year, although I understand their need to keep it fresh and integrate the most up-to-date research into the program. It is more geared toward people who want to lose weight than those of us who aspire to maintain the loss.

Awesome that you were on the TODAY show too! You must be so proud and feel such freedom from the weight and the oppressive religion stuff too. I can relate in a way as I was raised a JW with the "elders" constantly watching us to see if we got out of step. Attended church all the time and forced to walk neighborhoods selling magazines and books. So glad to be free to choose my own beliefs and spiritual path!

Congrats to you and be well!
  • donnamcnulty
    donnamcnulty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    14 years ago I lost 115 pounds on WW..
    Since then I have used my fitness pal to track and maintain my weight. .
    I will say without the accountability and support of the ww meetings I doubt I would have ever reached my goal..
    I definitely learned some valuable lessons there..
    Congrats you big loser!!!! ;)
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you so much, judy... we are blessed to have made the change from Mennonite to 'not' as a family... and we're each happily settled in Christian churches and thriving!! :-)
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    thanks, chancie72! :)
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thanks, Donna! ☺️

I knew since I wouldn't be attending my WW meetings any more that I still needed to track/journal and have personal accountability- MFP and my app for FitBit have helped me so that!

Congrats to YOU!!
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you, kwbalance! ☺️

And yes, once you've been a member of such a controlling group where FEAR and man made rules and 'religion' control the people, you *never* want to go back there! So thankful to have a true relationship with God without the self condemnation the group rules and customs brought. Being healthy physically, emotionally and spiritually is a GIFT that I do not take lightly!! ❤️

Best wishes to YOU!!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Jennie, you went from a strict religious lifestyle in which even belonging to a group was forbidden to owning a Facebook page where you post memes, go to restaurants, etc. Without any judgment on my part, I'm interested in social and lifestyle changes that you made. I consider them to be as important, if not more so, than counting points or calories. Could you talk a bit about how you got your food prior, preparation, and overall culinary lifestyle and how things are now? Do you shop differently, eat out more, etc...
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations!
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in awe, what an amazing transformation - physically and emotionally. That takes a lot of strength.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    so impressive. thanks for sharing
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding your way to freedom in so many ways. It is a remarkable achievement.
  • buttersbunch
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! ☺️

It's not a journey I would have chosen to take, but I am still thankful for the experiences and lessons learned... they did work for my ultimate good- despite the messes I had made myself!
  • DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Of course, when you said you were on the today show I had to look the episode up. You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!