2000 calorie days

Options
I really need help!

I'm looking for friends, people to talk to and everything really.

My plan day is just over 2000 calories a day. I have an active life, I'm management at ups so I'm always moving. Ive started walking during the week.
I need help on food and snacks to go. I'm out of the house for 14hrs a day and am struggling really bad. Please help me

Replies

• Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    2,000 calories a day with an active lifestyle is a sure way to drop a pound a week.

I would suggest getting your numbers into here: http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Fill it in and it will sort it out for you.

Track the food you want plan as best you can.

Maybe first - look at purely calories per meal. So say, 400 for breakfast lunch and dinner = 1,200. Leaving 800 for snacks, coffee etc.

Then when you see the scale going down up the meals to 500 = 1,500 for 3 meals and 500 for snacking and concentrate on macros (less carbs)

Either way, 2,000 calories a day is a sensible start and it won't harm your metabolism.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nuts, fruits and veg, string cheese, instant oatmeals, tuna pouches, homemade protein or energy bars (cheaper and yummier). I love Ozery's pita /breakfast rounds with peanut butter. If you get an insulated bag, bring precooked meats and yogurts and cottage cheese.

Hope this helps!
  • Jeeplette87
    Jeeplette87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nuts, fruits and veg, string cheese, instant oatmeals, tuna pouches, homemade protein or energy bars (cheaper and yummier). I love Ozery's pita /breakfast rounds with peanut butter. If you get an insulated bag, bring precooked meats and yogurts and cottage cheese.

Hope this helps!

I definitely like the to go snacks. Right now I have premade trail mix that I divided up and pack. How do I make protein and energy bars?
  • Jeeplette87
    Jeeplette87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Slinn1985 wrote: »
    2,000 calories a day with an active lifestyle is a sure way to drop a pound a week.

I would suggest getting your numbers into here: http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Maybe first - look at purely calories per meal. So say, 400 for breakfast lunch and dinner = 1,200. Leaving 800 for snacks, coffee etc.

Then when you see the scale going down up the meals to 500 = 1,500 for 3 meals and 500 for snacking and concentrate on macros (less carbs)

Either way, 2,000 calories a day is a sensible start and it won't harm your metabolism.

There are days that I only eat 700-1300 calories and foods just doesn't sound good. I guess you could say I'm ignorant on what to eat and fill me up. I definitely don't get enough protein any recommendations?
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I pack a lunch kit with an ice pack for my cold snacks or meals. String Cheese, prepacked deviled eggs, hard boiled eggs, berries, nuts, fresh fruit, turkey/chicken roll ups, yogurt, crackers. I portion out everything so they are an even split of my daily allowance. I also PLAN PLAN PLAN for my shopping on Sunday. I prep it all so I grab, pack, go. Im way more successful. Add some friends, scope out diaries, search the forum for "snack ideas" or "eating on the go" and read through them.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Hope this helps!

I definitely like the to go snacks. Right now I have premade trail mix that I divided up and pack. How do I make protein and energy bars?

Sorry...stupid busy week! Check out Chocolate Covered Katie for some recipes. I love her site. There are some good ones here, too:

http://greatist.com/eat/diy-energy-protein-bar-recipes
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I usually average 2000 a day. I'm a dance teacher.
  • kgracesch
    kgracesch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000-2200 a day give or take! I lose on 2000 and maintain a bit over 2000. I snack all day as I also am very active and need a lot of food! Anyway here's some of what I snack on:

Lara bars
    Orange slices
    String cheese or a portion of cheese if I just buy a block
    Hummus & pretzels, string beans, carrots celery
    Celery and peanutbutter with raisins
    Apple and peanutbutter

Once a month I allot myself extra spending money on fun snacks from the food store such as organic beef or pork jerky, kale chips, roasted broad beans, moon cheese etc. I roam the health food section and have fun picking out a variety of snacks.

What helps me is also having a good breakfast. I'll have .5c oatmeal with 1/4c walnuts, almond milk, half a banana and some plain Greek yogurt or GF toast with butter, spinach and eggs. Yum!

You'll do great! Portions are important and reasonable balance between healthy carbs, fat and protein. It's important to enjoy food while also making healthy choices.

I suggest Pinterest to make boards and discover snacks and recipes!

Best of luck

Kirsten
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Do you plan /pack lunches? Not sure if you're just looking for snacks. But I bulk cook and divide out portions so the night before or morning of work I'm just assembling containers into my lunch cooler. Bean based soups are good if you have a way to heat up. You could do wraps- have the insides in a Tupperware then assemble and eat. Whole fruit is excellent- apples bananas etc. smoothies you can make the night before or even a batch and freeze - grab one each day.
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Vegetable sushi roll is my favorite work lunch of the week.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

There are days that I only eat 700-1300 calories and foods just doesn't sound good. I guess you could say I'm ignorant on what to eat and fill me up. I definitely don't get enough protein any recommendations?

Your initial plan sounded good but eating 700-1300 calories a day occasionally is not really ideal unless you are compensating with higher calories on other days. Have a look at alternate day fasting (ADF), as this is what you are doing on accident.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Lots of zombies of late!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Without knowing the OP's height, weight, age, etc., how can you draw inferences about her caloric intake and expected weight change?