Sports bra woes

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
I love the support I get from sports bras, so much that I want to wear them 24/7. But I am not a fan of how they make my chest seem smaller! Is there such a thing as a decent sports bra that doesn't over-super-compress your boobs?

I'm not asking for boobage-enhancing bras... I just want something that doesn't make mine look *smaller*. :(

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    If you find out please share because all of mine make me look like I have a speed bump, not boobs!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends how much support you are looking for. I love the VS Pink Yoga bras but I am not endowed up on top so I can wear them to work out and for every day. Super comfortable and they don't squash you like sports bras.
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    I saw one today made by under armour it had a nice cut to it and even a lil padding.. its the Attain bra..
    http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens/apparel/sports-bras/mid-impact/pid1208095-Women-s-UA-Attain-D-Cup-/1208095-001
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    I saw one today made by under armour it had a nice cut to it and even a lil padding.. its the Attain bra..
    http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/womens/apparel/sports-bras/mid-impact/pid1208095-Women-s-UA-Attain-D-Cup-/1208095-001
    I actually saw it in the store.. I thought it was cute but I am looking for bra's that make my chest look smaller.. way smaller..lol
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I lose mine completely when I wear a sport bra...I look like a boy
  • berichard
    berichard Posts: 3
    Options
    Not exactly a sports bra, but have you tried t-shirt bras? They have more of a full coverage, but they don't squish you or form you in a uniboob. I have found great full-coverage bras at Gap Body before, and not too expensive, give them a try!
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Go to a 'good' bra store. Seriously the support from a proper bra is fantastic!
  • ChaneyJo
    ChaneyJo Posts: 7
    Options
    I would like to know too cuz I am not very big as it is, and I hate how my sports bra makes me look flat LOL
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hmm, any examples of good bra stores? I've always bought mine (except sports bras) from department stores, so I'm not very savvy in this area!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I LIVE is sports bras! Basically cuz they were the only bra I could wear all day, but now my job demands it! My BF would comment on certain bras that I wore, like if I had boobs or not! lol He always said I had them when I wore a certain style. I think they are Fruit of the Loom maybe, but they have gathering in the center, so they kinda seperate you. (love the "uniboob" comment!) They seem more comfy then the regular ones too...
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a sports bra, but have you tried t-shirt bras? They have more of a full coverage, but they don't squish you or form you in a uniboob. I have found great full-coverage bras at Gap Body before, and not too expensive, give them a try!

YES! I got some t-shirt bras from Costco, maidenform I think, they are AWESOME! I also love my Tek Gear and Champion C9 medium support sports bras...
  • BethanyCee
    BethanyCee Posts: 70
    Options
    Hmm, any examples of good bra stores? I've always bought mine (except sports bras) from department stores, so I'm not very savvy in this area!

It depends on where you are! I swear by Intimacy. If you're near any of the cities where they're located, I can't recommend them enough.

http://myintimacy.com/