Bulletproof coffe

Options
Has anybody used it?

Replies

• jnunez1963
    jnunez1963 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it until you posted. Just another bunch of hooey.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Used it for what?

Nothing wrong with it, if you like the taste, and you have the room for the calories & fat within your daily budget.

But there's nothing magical about it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Used it for what?

Nothing wrong with it, if you like the taste, and you have the room for the calories & fat within your daily budget.

All of this
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I tried it once and I thought it was gross and not worth the calories. It didn't do anything special like some articles claim it will do.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    It's a lie. I shot a cup of it with a shotgun, a rifle, and a handgun, and it didn't stop any of the bullets.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    It's a lie. I shot a cup of it with a shotgun, a rifle, and a handgun, and it didn't stop any of the bullets.

U need mor butter
  • WigglexWigglexWiggle
    Options

This made me laugh way harder than I ought to.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Used it for what?

I am tempted to try it because of how much joe rogan raves about it. Apparently the fat in the coconut oil makes the caffeine spread out more evenly
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I drink coconut oil and heavy whipping cream in my coffee every morning. I tend to skip breakfast and this fills me up until the early afternoon. I follow a very low carb high fat diet and it fits very well into my macro goals.

If you do drink BPC, make sure you blend/emulsify or whip your coffee to a froth or you'll have a puddle of oil on top.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    Used it for what?

I am tempted to try it because of how much joe rogan raves about it. Apparently the fat in the coconut oil makes the caffeine spread out more evenly

What does this mean?
  • ladywishingstar
    ladywishingstar Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If your doing low carb and high fat, it is not recommended for weight loss. Maybe if your trying to maintain or gain... Most of the fat you need your body takes from you if you dont consume it, at least, until you dont have anymore fat to burn
  • srecupid
    Options
    Used it for what?

What does this mean?

Instead of being buzzed on coffee for a few hours it spreads it out over a longer period of time and mitigates some of the negative effects of caffeine
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    If your doing low carb and high fat, it is not recommended for weight loss. Maybe if your trying to maintain or gain... Most of the fat you need your body takes from you if you dont consume it, at least, until you dont have anymore fat to burn

This is almost entirely incorrect. I'm struggling to find any part of this response that is remotely accurate.
  • juggernaut1974
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Used it for what?

I'd avoid taking science & nutrition tips from Joe Rogan
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Used it for what?

What does this mean?

Instead of being buzzed on coffee for a few hours it spreads it out over a longer period of time and mitigates some of the negative effects of caffeine

By what mechanism?
  • srecupid
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Used it for what?

What does this mean?

By what mechanism?

Who knows I haven't tried it. I'm just tempted to try it because of interviews he's done with the guy who invented it. But, here's a link to the blog i'm too stupid to understand https://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/ just a little expensive for my tastes
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Used it for what?

What does this mean?

By what mechanism?

Who the X knows I haven't tried it. I'm just tempted to try it because of interviews he's done with the guy who invented it. But, here's a link to the blog i'm too stupid to understand https://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/ just a little expensive for my tastes

In addition to Joe Rogan, blogs are also not good places from which to get accurate science & nutrition information
  • srecupid
    Options
    Used it for what?

What does this mean?

By what mechanism?

Who the X knows I haven't tried it. I'm just tempted to try it because of interviews he's done with the guy who invented it. But, here's a link to the blog i'm too stupid to understand https://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/ just a little expensive for my tastes

In addition to Joe Rogan, blogs are also not good places from which to get accurate science & nutrition information

Fair enough. Just not too worried about the science of coffee. If it works great if not oh well worth a try and at least I had a cup of coffee
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Used it for what?

What does this mean?

By what mechanism?

Fair enough. Just not too worried about the science of coffee. If it works great if not oh well worth a try and at least I had a cup of coffee

It works

As in its a hot drink with caffeine and fat so it does what caffeine and fat does separately

Beyond that

Ps who's Joe Rogan?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Oh, that seems much smarter than drinking it and then shooting yourself.
    Completely unrelated, but do you know how to patch a gun wound? There used to be a really good paramedic around these forums, but he's been gone a while.