Bulking, toning , muscle gain

Options
firefighter875
firefighter875 Posts: 38 Member
edited January 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
What do u think is the best foods and supplements for the topic above? What has worked for you ?

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    No, not really.

Is there supposed to be a question?
  • firefighter875
    Options
    At the time no but I thought of something
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Essentials: Food, exercise, dedication and patience.
    Non-essentials: Everything else.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    what works for me for bulking is to eat everything in sight
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    For bulking/muscle gain, get enough protein and eat at a calorie surplus. For toning, eat at maintenance or slight deficit and get enough protein.

And lift (which applies to all of the above)
  • firefighter875
    Options
    Ya I'm trying to reach my goal then start toning , for toning ur not lifting heavy right a little bit lighter and more reps right ?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Ya I'm trying to reach my goal then start toning , for toning ur not lifting heavy right a little bit lighter and more reps right ?

Only if a little bit lighter means sets of 5. Many people cut doing SL5x5, Starting Strength and similar programs which tend to use sets of 5.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Generally speaking, keep the weight the same/high, but reduce volume as needed based on cals/energy levels.
  • firefighter875
    Options
    Ya cuz right now I do 5x10 sometime 15 and I lift kinda heavy , heavy enough to where I can reach that cuz right now I'm just getting bulk and strength then start toning when I hit my desired weight, u take any supplements?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Only for my grammar/spelling.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    You can't tone a muscle, but you can reduce body fat to the point where you can see more muscular definition. Eat big, lift with purpose and leave the ego at home. I have people 20-30lbs lighter than me who lift the same amount as I do but shake their heads as to why I grow and they don't. (Time under tension, drop sets, compound sets, FRM, caloric surplus, steady progression/overload) all some of the greatest over looked things when it comes to gaining muscle.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Also, bang bang! Shots fired!