Appetite Suppressant

Options
Do any of you use an appetite suppressant? If so, which one has worked for you? Thank you!!

Replies

• motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Eating REAL food...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    A cuppa joe and some eggs over easy keeps me good until lunch.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Aerobic activity.
  • BiggieSmallsInc
    BiggieSmallsInc Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Lots of water!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I have used Konjac capsules, which I take primarily for its effect on stabilizing blood sugar, but is also has appetite suppression effects. When taken with plenty of water, it basically works by swelling up in your stomach and making your feel full . . . because you are!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Pills are bad...food is good...use your own willpower and self discipline....find more satiating foods to fill your plate....eat when you're hungry, your body probably needs the food.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    0% fat plain Greek yogurt
  • vividii
    vividii Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

That's great. Coffee and eggs last me about an hour before hunger strikes again. Water makes me full/bloated but doesn't take away the desire to eat. I don't know what else to do to curb cravings...especially for carbs.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Fiber. (When I'm not struggling with ulcers like I currently am) I eat tons of veggies particularly the ones with plenty of what my mother calls "roughage" like broccoli, cabbage, etc... Also protein and fats. Maximize your food choices. Veggies are super low calories and the right kinds with tons of fiber will keep you full especially when combined with lean proteins, healthy fats, and complex carbs.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    vividii wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

That's great. Coffee and eggs last me about an hour before hunger strikes again. Water makes me full/bloated but doesn't take away the desire to eat. I don't know what else to do to curb cravings...especially for carbs.

Why not eat carbs then? I find a couple of hoecakes and bacon (with honey, or maple syrup) sits pretty well. Or pancakes, I guess. Oatmeal is pretty filling too, and it tastes great with pretty much anything. I tend to go for almond milk fruit smoothies in the morning (blended with a raw egg or two), which I find filling. Or my favorite, left over pizza.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    dmk1974 wrote: »
    Do any of you use an appetite suppressant? If so, which one has worked for you? Thank you!!

Let's see, I have used prescription drugs, cigarettes, recreational drugs, water, herbal tea, coffee, gum, exercise.

I find the last 4 have the least unwanted side effects, are the cheapest, healthiest and easily accessible. :smiley:
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    vividii wrote: »

I say, eat all the carbs! If carbs fit in your calories for the day, they are not working against weight loss. Carbs are not the enemy.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Protein like eggs and sausage keep me feeling full. As for pills I've heard great things about topamax but it didn't work for me but i was at the minimum dosage so it may have if it were increased. The problem was it could cause blindness and i was starting to have trouble with my eyes i got scared and stopped using it.Its often used to treat binge eating disorder and can help you lose weight but its not officially for weight loss. Thats just a side effects.
  • ChihuahuaMeme
    ChihuahuaMeme Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I took it for over 6 months. I never had the side effects which can be tingling hands and feet which someone said her doc told her to eat bananas, kidney stones if you don't drink enough water. I was up to 200 mg a day and it never worked as an appetite suppressant. Wean off real slow as the side effects they say are awful. I am weaning off 25mg a month. I am on 125mg now and it still is not doing a thing and no side effects except like they say the hunger comes back like a madman. They also say when you get off it any weight you lost when you were on it comes back fast. Wasn't worth trying it.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, have an apple. Not hungry for one? Then you're not hungry, just bored.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, have an apple. Not hungry for one? Then you're not hungry, just bored.

So every time I'm hungry I should grab an apple? What kind of logic is this?
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

No, just a saying. If you're hungry, but not willing to eat something, then more likely you're wanting to eat out of boredom. If you can recognize that, a suppressant is unnecessary.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Cardio, esp. elliptical and running, helps keep my appetite under control.
    High protein/fat helps satisfy me & suppress snacking. Same for lots of veggies, tea, coffee, water.
    Carb cravings are no fun. All I can say is the longer you don't eat a ton of them, the easier it gets to not crave them.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

No, just a saying. If you're hungry, but not willing to eat something, then more likely you're wanting to eat out of boredom. If you can recognize that, a suppressant is unnecessary.

When apples make my throat swell shut I'm not bored, I'm dying.
  • Kay2016Sexy
    Kay2016Sexy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I use fastin it's a diet pill, sorry if you all think that's a big bad thing?, but is a over the counter medication and comes in two forms, the one to two pills a day, or the one pill time release. Not only does it help suppress your appetite, but it also gives you lots of energy. And as a nurse working 12 hour's a day 4 day's a week, I know the feeling of not having enough energy! Plus today makes one week since joining the gym, so energy for me is a must have and even with all the so called great feel full foods out there, sometimes you just need a little more help! Whoever said pills are bad must have had a bad problem with medication abuse before, because as a nurse I will tell you not all pills, or dieting pills are bad, if they where (BAD) the FDA would not approve them as safe to take, However not all diet related medications are for everyone as I'm sure you all know that. But that goes with any type of medication's. f8v951gtxfaq.png This is a photo of what Fastin looks like in it's original package. And I always purchase mine at the local GNC store. But you should know Fastin is not for everyone, it contain's lots of caffine! But if you have ever tried adipex/phentermine then you will find Fastin brings the same effects. the only difference if Adipex/phentermine is only a RX, and fastin as I said can be bought at your local GNC store.