What frustrates you in the gym?

Options

Replies

• JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    When people use the squat rack to do curls...
  • michellemundi
    michellemundi Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Vain peeps who arnt even their to work out.. Can't stand it
  • michellemundi
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »

AMEN!

• bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    guys who drop weights from a couple of feet up when they're done, just to draw attention to themselves
  • michellemundi
    Options
    bdgfn wrote: »
    guys who drop weights from a couple of feet up when they're done, just to draw attention to themselves
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

LOL. A year or two ago during January, I was in the locker room and overheard these guys having a conversation and one of them said he comes back to the gym after work and walks on the treadmill just so he can scope out the new talent. I think if most women could listen to an audio recording of a men's locker room, they'd probably not sign up at that gym.
  • katie22d
    katie22d Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    jlisa24 wrote: »
    katie22d wrote: »
    A whole row of open treadmills and you have to pick the ONE right next to me!? And I'm sorry, but girls who come to the gym with a full head of curls and their hair down...I'm here to sweat, why does your hair look like you're ready for prom or wedding pictures

I'm sometimes this woman walking in... Long curled hair, makeup etc....especially if I am running in just after work. But I rarely leave looking that good, I'm usually a sweaty mess. But I totally get the judgement. I, on the other hand, could care less. They pay the same amount even if they're there to eat egg rolls in the spa :p:s

• firefighter875
    firefighter875 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ya I would have to agree people coming up to me and trying to talk, idk if it's just me ? But I hate getting bugged and getting texts and *kitten* when I'm trying to workout, I also hate how some guys at the gym are just so damn cocky and walk around like they are the *kitten*, and also when u are working out and see other people just sitting there like they have no motive and the slack
  • cpw2109
    cpw2109 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    People who drop weights - unless it's a heavy deadlift. If you can't put it down, don't pick it up.

People who don't re-rack weights, including the plates.

People who do bicep curls in the power rack. (The power rack is for more than squatting (I squat, shoulder press and rack pull in them), but bicep curling the bar + 2.5kg is plain stupid).
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bdgfn wrote: »

This.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    People that carry around coffee in the gym. Stuff stinks.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    the attitude and arrogance of some of the people at my gym. these guys thinking they're "too hench" (direct quote from one guy) to take part in something for a bit of fun. I get it if it's not your thing but no need for arrogance, just politely declining is just as effective and won't make you look like an a**! I was tempted to cut their ego with a dose of the truth after that!
  • crazyjlyn
    crazyjlyn Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That its so full right now theyre having to turn regulars away at the door *snarl*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    As of late, "house" music over the stereo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • legacybush
    legacybush Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    People who text endlessly on equipment I want to use
  • 1peterbilt
    1peterbilt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hot young girls in Yoga pants that I'm too old to have anything to do with. :'(
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    katie22d wrote: »
    A whole row of open treadmills and you have to pick the ONE right next to me!? And I'm sorry, but girls who come to the gym with a full head of curls and their hair down...I'm here to sweat, why does your hair look like you're ready for prom or wedding pictures

The other day a woman started running on the treadmill right next to me (and yes, there was a huge row of open treadmills). I wasn't too bothered by it, but I do think it's weird. At the end of my run, she said to me "that was a great run, I like to run next to someone who motivates me to keep going". I thought it was really nice! Who would of thought I'd be a person to motivate another?!

• a_j_paterson
    a_j_paterson Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think mine is a combination of several others into one complete annoyance package. On a treadmill getting a session done in my own world with earphones clearly in. Then a guy, always a guy, decides to choose the treadmill right next to you even though there are plenty empty. Starts up his session, and decides to start chatting, you take you ear phone out and pass a few pleasantries, about to put your earphone back in and he starts another convo and this happends several times. Eventually he is off, cranking the pace right up and stomping away, his bone crunching foot slapping style totally putting you off your own stride. The exersion means he doesn't have full control and the odd protein fart escapes, you try to hide the fact you are chocking by discretly covering your nose and mouth with your t-shirt to filter it out. The beeps on his machine keep increasing, after a few minutes masses of sweating pouring off him. That would be fine but the ungainly style of flailing arms, making you feel like you have to duck when you catch an arm heading towards you in the corner of your eye, and this has a side effect of sweat hitting you. Eventually this manic dash finishes, and to end it all of you get a sweaty pat on the back with a cheery "Good hard session there mate! Enjoy the rest of yours.". Cheers mate!
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this isn't so much a frustration as a WTF? The people who come in, hop on a treadmill and put a magazine or book on the screen. Yeah, I know, most treadmills have a lip to hold something like that, but I figure, if I'm there, I'm going to be going full out, and if I just want to read, I'll do that elsewhere. But then, that's just me. Maybe that is an "easy" day for them. :/