What Foods Keep You Full The Longest?

Options
As the title says what foods keep you full the longest?

Replies

• IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Soup!
  • ChocolateMjau
    ChocolateMjau Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    eggs, soya.. well, proteins :smiley:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Protein and fat.
  • PhoebeJeebies
    PhoebeJeebies Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eggs!
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Soup!

What kinda soup?
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    rice.. preferably with delicious chicken, meat or fish dish.. and veges...
  • lastchancedaisy92
    Options
    tuna pouches
  • spsutton
    spsutton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mini-wheats cereal, oatmeal
  • spsutton
    Options
    low carb whole wheat tortillas - 12 gm of fiber each
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love egg drop soup. It is only like 60-70 calories for a cup of it and it keeps me full for quite a while
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Overall, for most people, the things that tend to correlate to feeling most full in controlled studies:

* Protein tends to be the most sating macro, carbohydrate in between, and fat tends to be the least sating
    * Fiber increases satiety
    * Energy density (more calories per gram) decreases satiety

My favorite sating foods are meats or pastas.
  • nursethis
    nursethis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Proteins. Eggs are cheap and a large egg is only 70 calories each. A 3 egg omelet with veggies for less than 250 cal. Great way to stay the day and keeps me full till lunch
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I have discovered this week that a French toast bagel (230 cals) and 5 turkey sausage links (110cals) at 5:30am keeps me full until 12:30pm for lunch. So needless to say, I plan on stocking my fridge until I get sick of it. :lol:

But the sausage has a lot of protein though, so that explains that.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Protein and fat do it for me. Nice and full after a stir fry with lots of meat, some veg, and done with camelina or coconut oil.
  • ChampagneLaughter495
    Options
    Everyone saying eggs.. That's not true for me! I'm still starving after I eat eggs, but I still have them everyday anyway..

For me cereal and breads are filling.. But I try to stay away from those. If I have extra calories at the end of the day I use them for cereal lol
  • Tobysgirl212
    Tobysgirl212 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Salmon
  • spsutton
    Options
    I agree with above - eggs do not keep me feeling full for very long - there is protein but not fiber. Also, noodles/pasta (I LOVE!) but after eating a huge plate of spaghetti, in about 45 minutes, I could eat again.
  • EbonyGlitter
    EbonyGlitter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eggs work for me but ONLY when I scramble them, better if I had bacon or potatoes but fine on their own. It's so strange how two boiled eggs are nothing to me but two scrambled are perfect. Maybe because I cheese my scrambled eggs?

My favorite filling dinner is tilapia, a baked potato, and mixed veggies. Also makes me feel incredibly healthy since it's nowhere near a cheeseburger...

...but a good old fashioned hunk of beef will do me just fine. I love burgers! Or beef mixed with pasta or a veggie. Probably the fat content.

For snacks, I like cheese sticks paired with a fruit so I get protein and simple carbs together, one for now and one to hold me over til later. Mozzarella and grapes are delicious, or an apple with PB (classic).

I can also subsist on edamame for quite a while. It's a good choice right before a *special* meal - starts eating a little later in the day, snack on edamame and drink plenty of water as you go, have a light meal for lunch and you'll conserve calories for a night out or what have you.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Eggs definitely keep me fullest the longest.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, protein shakes, salad before a meal.