Polar heart rate monitor vs gear fit?

Options
I've had the polar heart rate monitor for a few years now and I've always really liked it. It comes with the sensor on the band you strap to your chest. I also have a Gear fit but I feel like it's not as reliable and you cant do much on it if you're not outside. Which one do you believe is more reliable? Is the polar hrm even that good too? I mean...i love mine soo...

Replies

• SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Polar have a strong reputation in the HRM genre. Never heard of Gear Fit. I have the Bluetooth HRM and really like it
  • 321BooM
    321BooM Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Myself and OH have a polar HRM. We find them accurate :)
  • doccnm
    doccnm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Polar heart monitor for the past 5-6 years and also find it to be very accurate. I wouldn't trade to FitBit or other type of monitor. Use it with a second type and compare them then decide what works best for you.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Chest strap monitors remain more accurate tools. The Samsung Gear Fit uses a Mio optical sensor with 86-90% reliability (see http://www.wareable.com/fitness-trackers/heart-rate-monitor-accurate-comparison-wrist). Up to you if this is a worthwhile trade-off for ditching the chest strap.
  • Himurahotaru
    Himurahotaru Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I figured my hrm was more accurate. It just doesn't seem like the gear fit is. And it's difficult to work with since it uses GPS for everything. Treadmill/bike doesn't work