Dr. Oz Show, Charlie Sheen. Did anyone see the ingredients to his shake?

Options
MelaniaTrump
MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I missed it yesterday. Just curious. No answers that they are both quacks please (useless to me).
I saw 2 containers. I imagine one was a protein powder, and the other a veggie powder?
-- Yes and cannot find it anywhere.

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    did you try googling it?
  • Last_mango_in_paradise
    Options
    Yes and cannot find it anywhere

I did a google search and the first thing that popped up was "charlie sheen's green shake" with the ingredients so . . . it's out there.
  • MelaniaTrump
    Options
    Got it. Thanks. I googled charlie sheen's green shake and found it.
    I was googling the wrong thing.
    Ingredients
    2 tbsp honey
    1 tsp bee pollen
    1 scoop green powder
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 banana
    6 oz pineapple juice
    11 oz coconut water
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I have to say that recipe online is awful. "green powder" is that some kind of voodoo? How could anyone post that recipe and think that it was useful to anyone. Good luck OP.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I have to say that recipe online is awful. "green powder" is that some kind of voodoo? How could anyone post that recipe and think that it was useful to anyone. Good luck OP.

I think green powder means powdered greens. Literally greens that have been powdered. I'm not sure if I buy into it, but I guess the point of them is to make it easier to throw into smoothies. Personally, I'd rather eat my greens.

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I think green powder means powdered greens. Literally greens that have been powdered. I'm not sure if I buy into it, but I guess the point of them is to make it easier to throw into smoothies. Personally, I'd rather eat my greens.

Thanks for the clarification... It does seem like you might lose something in that, but if you really don't like veggies, maybe it's a place to start.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Bee pollen? Wtf is bee pollen? Does not compute.
  • MelaniaTrump
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think in the show they said he no longer has aids? Or showed on the test? I think. I clearly did hear he quit taking his prescriptions. But his inflation in his body was through the roof.
  • Colorscheme
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think in the show they said he no longer has aids? Or showed on the test? I think. I clearly did hear he quit taking his prescriptions. But his inflation in his body was through the roof.

Not AIDS, HIV. And he said he considers himself HIV negative now because his blood tests show an undetectable level of the virus. AIDS is when HIV progresses. But HIV negative and undetectable are actually two different things. He can still pass the disease on, undetectable blood levels and the viral load found in other bodily fluids can be very different. He will need to take HIV meds forever.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Got it. Thanks. I googled charlie sheen's green shake and found it.
    I was googling the wrong thing.
    Ingredients
    2 tbsp honey
    1 tsp bee pollen
    1 scoop green powder
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 banana
    6 oz pineapple juice
    11 oz coconut water

I think there is also 2 TBSP of Tiger Blood in there too....
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone take diet advice from Charlie Sheen unless it was mixed with some type of alcohol is beyond me...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    2 TBS of honey? Might as well drink a coke.
  • jessicarae0307
    jessicarae0307 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch it, but heard on the radio this morning that he said he went off his meds to try some alternative treatment from Mexico. His levels started to rise so he had to go back on them. I think he has HIV and not AIDS, and no not cured of it.
  • Colorscheme
    Options
    What does the shake have to do with being HIV negative? only HIV meds can control the disease....
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Ducks of a feather...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    What does the shake have to do with being HIV negative? only HIV meds can control the disease....

And Mexican witch doctors...apparently!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

It is the pollen in the hives that has not been completely converted into honey yet.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

It is the pollen in the hives that has not been completely converted into honey yet.

I guess my next question is, why?