Dr. Oz Show, Charlie Sheen. Did anyone see the ingredients to his shake?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I have to say that recipe online is awful. "green powder" is that some kind of voodoo? How could anyone post that recipe and think that it was useful to anyone. Good luck OP.

I think green powder means powdered greens. Literally greens that have been powdered. I'm not sure if I buy into it, but I guess the point of them is to make it easier to throw into smoothies. Personally, I'd rather eat my greens.

Me too.

Anyway, the recipe does sound awful, which is hardly surprising.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    At this point Dr. Oz just has to be trolling to see how much derp he can get people to swallow.

Like..."Hmmm...if I can get people to take nutrition advice from CHARLIE SHEEN, then I should be able to rule the world some day!"
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Bee pollen? Wtf is bee pollen? Does not compute.

It is the pollen in the hives that has not been completely converted into honey yet.

I guess my next question is, why?

Supposedly it has magical health giving properties.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,133 Member
    Options

It is the pollen in the hives that has not been completely converted into honey yet.

Pollen does not turn to honey, nectar does. Pollen is just what it says it is, the pollen collected by bees as they collect nectar to make honey. Both are used as food by bees.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I have to say that recipe online is awful. "green powder" is that some kind of voodoo? How could anyone post that recipe and think that it was useful to anyone. Good luck OP.

I think green powder means powdered greens. Literally greens that have been powdered. I'm not sure if I buy into it, but I guess the point of them is to make it easier to throw into smoothies. Personally, I'd rather eat my greens.

Me too, but I did get a small tub of it for after my surgery when I have to eat pureed foods only for 1-2 weeks. I can't eat raw veggies or fruit, only juice-type preparations.
  • earlnabby
    Options

Pollen does not turn to honey, nectar does. Pollen is just what it says it is, the pollen collected by bees as they collect nectar to make honey. Both are used as food by bees.

Thanks for the clarification. Obviously I am not a bee keeper, nor do I buy into the bee pollen, royal jelly hype.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

It's actually kind of delicious (at least I think so). My dad used to buy local bee pollen when I was a kid and we would add it to our cereal, it's kind of sweet and chewy.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would anyone WANT to do something Charlie Sheen does?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I think in the show they said he no longer has aids? Or showed on the test? I think. I clearly did hear he quit taking his prescriptions. But his inflation in his body was through the roof.

What does it matter? Do you have HIV? If so, DON'T LISTEN TO RANDOM PEOPLE ON A FORUM, LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR SPECIALIZING IN HIV AND AIDS! If not, again, why are you worried about what Charlie Sheen is taking for HIV when he's a celebrity with no real knowledge of virology or immunology?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I think in the show they said he no longer has aids? Or showed on the test? I think. I clearly did hear he quit taking his prescriptions. But his inflation in his body was through the roof.

What does it matter? Do you have HIV? If so, DON'T LISTEN TO RANDOM PEOPLE ON A FORUM, LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR SPECIALIZING IN HIV AND AIDS! If not, again, why are you worried about what Charlie Sheen is taking for HIV when he's a celebrity with no real knowledge of virology or immunology?

While you're absolutely right, I thought I'd offer you this:

55922844.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Huh?

And if it's on Dr. Oz, it's bogus anyway.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

Huh?

And if it's on Dr. Oz, it's bogus anyway.

Charlie Sheen was on Dr. oz, and he says he is no longer HIV positive because his blood tests should an undetectable amount of the virus. HOWEVER, he can still pass on the disease as the viral load in other bodily fluids can be higher even if the blood test shows otherwise. He will have to be on HIV medication for the rest of his life.

Dr. Oz is actually a great surgeon, but he bought into his own hype and now shills anything and everything.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

55922844.jpg

There was recently an entire thread about alternative "medicine" in which posters advocated foregoing proven medical intervention in favor of folklore and plants. Having watched a family member die of AIDS, I fully appreciate @senecarr's vociferous admonishment about where to seek treatment advice.

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Next time on Dr. Oz, dating advice, attraction and why dating apps aren't great. Not even kidding. Watch for it in the next few weeks.

Dr. Oz. Heart surgeon, nutritionist and now love doctor. What will he be expert in next, home repair?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

55922844.jpg

There was recently an entire thread about alternative "medicine" in which posters advocated foregoing proven medical intervention in favor of folklore and plants. Having watched a family member die of AIDS, I fully appreciate @senecarr's vociferous admonishment about where to seek treatment advice.

I was empathizing with the frustration I imagine he feels, not disagreeing.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Next time on Dr. Oz, dating advice, attraction and why dating apps aren't great. Not even kidding. Watch for it in the next few weeks.

Dr. Oz. Heart surgeon, nutritionist and now love doctor. What will he be expert in next, home repair?

Wherever the money is, I suppose. Sad.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    At this point Dr. Oz just has to be trolling to see how much derp he can get people to swallow.

Like..."Hmmm...if I can get people to take nutrition advice from CHARLIE SHEEN, then I should be able to rule the world some day!"

hahahahahhahha best quote!!!

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

I'm really looking forward to which quantum vibrations will unclog my drains.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I only clicked because I saw Charlie Sheen and Dr. Oz in the same title. I have to say, I am sadly disappointed at the lack of mean people in this thread.