One week

Options
It really is hard to lose weight in a week when working out since you also gain muscle. More importantly u probably lost inches n gained it in areas that need it. When dieting and working out it takes a few weeks and you will see the difference. Straight diets are for those that do not have patience but not the healthiest way to lose lbs. exercise and proper diet (not starving yourself) is the correct way and requires patience. Once you get in the groove the body adapts and the results are great

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    williedv wrote: »
    It really is hard to lose weight in a week when working out since you also gain muscle. More importantly u probably lost inches n gained it in areas that need it. When dieting and working out it takes a few weeks and you will see the difference. Straight diets are for those that do not have patience but not the healthiest way to lose lbs. exercise and proper diet (not starving yourself) is the correct way and requires patience. Once you get in the groove the body adapts and the results are great

Huh?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You aren't gaining muscle in a week, although you may retain some water in your muscles if you're working yourself hard.

You're right that it takes time to see results, but not for the reasons that you think.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a straight diet is?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    So much bad information :|
  • janejellyroll
    Options

It's when your diet is attracted to diets of the opposite sex. High protein diets are attracted to high carbohydrate diets. VLCDs are attracted to bulking plans. It's chaos. Everyone knows that won't work.
  • faurotann
    faurotann Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    A straight diet is just a reduced calorie diet without exercise. It's a great post. One week makes a difference. That's all. One week of exercising make a difference and so does one week of dieting. The point is, it all takes patience. You want to disagree with that too?
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    faurotann wrote: »
    A straight diet is just a reduced calorie diet without exercise. It's a great post. One week makes a difference. That's all. One week of exercising make a difference and so does one week of dieting. The point is, it all takes patience. You want to disagree with that too?

But there is nothing inherently unhealthy about losing weight on a reduced calorie diet while maintaining the same activity level you had prior to losing weight.

I would say most successful weight loss requires patience. Losing weight on a "straight diet" doesn't take less patience than losing weight in other ways.
  • williedv
    williedv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I write what works for me. At least I share my experience. I'm not a nutritionist or a workout guru but I am a healthy 55 year old that's still active and can run a marathon. What say u
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I write what works for me. At least I share my experience. I'm not a nutritionist or a workout guru but I am a healthy 55 year old that's still active and can run a marathon. What say u

I believe everyone responding to you is healthy, has an age, is active, and is meeting their fitness goals too. So, you know . . .
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

I'm healthy, 45, I'm active, I DON'T want to run a marathon because that's not my fitness goal. So there!
  • williedv
    williedv Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Roger that! Good luck and keep it up. Adios mami
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

It's when your diet is attracted to diets of the opposite sex. High protein diets are attracted to high carbohydrate diets. VLCDs are attracted to bulking plans. It's chaos. Everyone knows that won't work.

:D Great response! <3
  • faurotann
    Options

But there is nothing inherently unhealthy about losing weight on a reduced calorie diet while maintaining the same activity level you had prior to losing weight.

I would say most successful weight loss requires patience. Losing weight on a "straight diet" doesn't take less patience than losing weight in other ways.

How does losing weight on a "straight diet" take less patience than losing weight otherwise? Come on. Diet and exercise are both important. And it all take patience. How can you read anything more into that original post? It's not an argument about whose way is better.
  • janejellyroll
    edited January 2016
    Options

How does losing weight on a "straight diet" take less patience than losing weight otherwise? Come on. Diet and exercise are both important. And it all take patience. How can you read anything more into that original post? It's not an argument about whose way is better.

OP said "straight diets are for those that do not have patience." I disagree with that. Sounds like you do too. OP was the one attempting to make an argument that one way was better. I disagreed with that. Sounds like you do too. Maybe initiate this discussion with him or her instead of with me?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

you don't build muscle in a week.

in fact, in a calorie deficit, you don't build muscle at all

wtf is a 'straight' diet? Is there a 'gay' diet? does it involve better clothes?

• cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

^ LOL
  • faurotann
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well, y'all chased him (or her) out of here quick enough. Well done,
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Well, y'all chased him (or her) out of here quick enough. Well done,

I thought you wanted to avoid arguments about whose way was better. This post was a blatant attempt to start such a discussion, with statements about the "correct way" to lose weight.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
This discussion has been closed.