Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Cleanse

Options
I have read how doing a fast with only consuming EVCO will remove the yeast from your body and is a very good detox. I am considering doing this for 2 or 3 days. I don't know that I will make it past 1 day but I can try. Has anybody done this? What were the results? I know that it can take away all sugar cravings, since they come from the yeast in our bodies. I just love food so much I don't know about only consuming oil. Well for now the plan will be to start after the weekend ( i have birthday parties to go to). If someone else is wanting to try this too we can do it together and keep each other motivated!

Replies

• laceylovespink
    Options
    i dunno...i clicked on the post because it had coconut and oil in the same sentence :embarassed: :) This is the first I've heard of it....
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Probiotics will do the same thing without the side effects. You need the good bacteria to stay:smile:
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how gross that would be. I've tried coconut oil, because of hearing how great it is for you. Even mixed with something it triggers my gag reflex. Ew ew ew. if you can do it you have a stomach of steel!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    i dunno...i clicked on the post because it had coconut and oil in the same sentence :embarassed: :)

+1

Haha..

But I have never heard of it before either.. Watch out, could be sketchy.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of doing that to rid your body of yeast, but my doctor put me on a strict diet to get rid of it. I was having tons of stomach issues from yeast overgrowth from bad eating and over antibiotic use as a child/adult. It was an anti yeast/anti inflammatory diet plus a supplement of herbs to rid the body of yeast. If you want more info on it, I will gladly message you the diet and supplement stuff! I feel A LOT better and no more stomach problems for me.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    fascinating! i just googled it and am reading up on it now - seems legit. i think i'm gonna start this tomorrow, i love a good cleanse and i'm a big fan of unrefined coconut oil.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I *can* eat straight EVCO (from Nutiva) and I don't think that I would do this. I'm leery of "cleanses" though. If you try it, please be careful.
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    Coconut oil will kill candida, but leave all those nice probiotic bacteria in your guts intact. I have incorporated a lot of coconut oil into my diet, but I dont know if I'd be able to handle a C.O. cleanse.

Maybe you should start out small? Most doctors/nutritionists recommend 1 tbsp a day for a week, increasing by 1 tbsp every week.
  • RangerSteve
    RangerSteve Posts: 437
    Options
    Maybe I'm confused here so someone please help me out.....

Why would you not just add coconut oil to your diet instead of taking away everything else from your diet? Why short yourself on vitamins, minerals, and proper amounts of protein in order to cleanse yourself? Three things are certain in life:

1)Death
    2)Taxes
    3)Cleansing diets that are based off pseudo-science and aren't good for you

If you want to cleanse yourself, increase fiber intake for a few days and add natural cleansing agents (coconut oil, dandelion root, artichoke heart, etc) to your diet. Don't cut out essential foods that keep you healthy.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    Maybe I'm confused here so someone please help me out.....

Why would you not just add coconut oil to your diet instead of taking away everything else from your diet? Why short yourself on vitamins, minerals, and proper amounts of protein in order to cleanse yourself? Three things are certain in life:

1)Death
    2)Taxes
    3)Cleansing diets that are based off pseudo-science and aren't good for you

If you want to cleanse yourself, increase fiber intake for a few days and add natural cleansing agents (coconut oil, dandelion root, artichoke heart, etc) to your diet. Don't cut out essential foods that keep you healthy.
    well i can't speak for the OP but for me, i have really wacky digestion and i'm slightly allergic to a lot of different foods, so liquid cleanses make me feel really, really good. i never go for longer than a couple of days, maybe 3 at the most. but when i do any kind of liquid fast i feel like it's giving my digestive system a much needed break, i feel so much more clear-headed and energetic. food just weighs me downnnnn! it's really annoying, i feel lethargic after i eat anything (and i've tested tons of different foods to see if eliminating certain ones makes a difference, no luck). i never mess with the extended fasts, like how some people go for like 40 days or so. but for me personally, cleansing for a day or two every once in a while just makes me feel good :)
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of doing that to rid your body of yeast, but my doctor put me on a strict diet to get rid of it. I was having tons of stomach issues from yeast overgrowth from bad eating and over antibiotic use as a child/adult. It was an anti yeast/anti inflammatory diet plus a supplement of herbs to rid the body of yeast. If you want more info on it, I will gladly message you the diet and supplement stuff! I feel A LOT better and no more stomach problems for me.

id really love that info myself if you're willing to share with another poster. i couldnt do a fast on EVCO but it its supplemented with herbs and the like it seems more do-able for me personally. thank you! and good luck to the OP!