Clean Eating Recipe Using Ground Turkey

Options
eminus40
eminus40 Posts: 2 Member
Does anyone have any tried and true ground turkey recipes that don't have any processed ingredients?

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is a dirty term around these parts. Just a warning that there will be a ton of responses that will tell you clean eating is not sustainable and not necessary to lose weight (which it absolutely is not). Unless you ground your own turkey, it is going to be processed - anything that alters it from it's original state takes some type of process. Anyway, watch out for additives. Most ground poultry has added water. I make a turkey quinoa soup that is just turkey, quinoa, water, leeks, carrots, celery, diced tomatoes and spices - I add bouillon which is processed so you would have to skip that. What about turkey burgers (without the bun) or meatloaf using a vegetable smoothie made in a nutrabullet or blender to add flavor and moisture?
  • eminus40
    eminus40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess when I refer to clean eating I mean just using a bare minimum of processed ingredients added. I certainly don't believe clean eating is a cure all and I don't follow any clean eating plan. Having lost 40 pounds on WW, I am just looking for a way to get back to basics after a holiday season of too many indulgences. Plus, my BP has been uncharacteristically high lately so i am monitoring my sodium. Tonight I will likely go with turkey taco stuffed peppers, but thanks for the smoothie tip for meatloaf!
  • smilezishere
    smilezishere Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey and quinoa meatballs =)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    eminus40 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tried and true ground turkey recipes that don't have any processed ingredients?

None exist. Think about the ingredient you are asking about ..
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    eminus40 wrote: »

None exist. Think about the ingredient you are asking about ..

If only ground turkey wasn't processed... :sadface:
  • dbahelenparr
    dbahelenparr Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    One of my favorites is to dice up sweet potato, toss it in a small amount of coconut oil and cinnamon, then roast at 400 F for about 40 minutes, then top with ground turkey, black beans, salsa, and Greek yogurt. Delish!

I like to season the ground turkey with homemade taco seasoning, and the black beans with cumin, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Again, delish!!
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey, two or three handfuls of fresh spinach, 1/2 c minced garlic. Cook in skillet on medium to medium high until turkey is cooked through. Add onions and/parmesan or romano cheese if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    One of my favorites is to dice up sweet potato, toss it in a small amount of coconut oil and cinnamon, then roast at 400 F for about 40 minutes, then top with ground turkey, black beans, salsa, and Greek yogurt. Delish!

I like to season the ground turkey with homemade taco seasoning, and the black beans with cumin, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Again, delish!!

This will be on my menu next week!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

That sounds tasty!
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

That sounds tasty!

I think it sounds fantastic.