Sharing recipes?

Options
BrianFielder
BrianFielder Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2016 in Recipes
Is there a way to share recipies with your friends on here? I'm the cook of the house and it is a painful process to make recipies and and them to my phone then go threw and add them on three other phones for everyone in the house. It would b great if there were a way to send the recipies to everyone so I don't have to continue to scan every item and enter it manually. I'm new here so I'm not even sure if it's possible. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Replies

• MarvelMc
    MarvelMc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like an answer to that as well. I'm following.
  • marija09
    marija09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Solution!!

When u click on 'Food', then the 'Recipes' tab, at the bottom of the page is a 'Enter New Recipe' button.
    You add the ingredients and everything there, and on the page it says 'Would you like to submit this recipe to the MyFitnessPal recipe database?'

and there u have it!

keep me updated if it worked out
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You can not share recipes directly with another user, and another user will not find your recipes through a search. Your recipes will be displayed in the search results only when you perform a search.

There is a workaround.
    User1 creates a Recipe and logs it to a Meal.
    User2 opens User1's Diary (shared with public, friends only, or locked with a key)
    User2 clicks Quick Tools and copies User1's Meal to his/her Diary.

​Please see these articles, and search for other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/304780-can-i-share-recipes-with-other-users-

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/11478-can-i-copy-meals-from-my-friends-

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/201687-how-do-i-make-my-diary-visible-to-other-users-
  • BrianFielder
    BrianFielder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, it is very much appreciated.
  • terryltron
    terryltron Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a related question/issue. Is there a way to just copy ONE SINGLE food item from another user's diary? I know how to copy an entire meal. But there are times in our household of multiple users that we want to copy one meal item someone else has entered, but we don't want the entire meal. Now, we have to copy the entire meal, then go through and delete those items we didn't want / didn't eat. Is there a way to copy just one item?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    terryltron wrote: »
    I have a related question/issue. Is there a way to just copy ONE SINGLE food item from another user's diary? I know how to copy an entire meal. But there are times in our household of multiple users that we want to copy one meal item someone else has entered, but we don't want the entire meal. Now, we have to copy the entire meal, then go through and delete those items we didn't want / didn't eat. Is there a way to copy just one item?

No. If it is a Recipe or a My Foods item (I think - I haven't tried it with another person's My Foods item), you have to copy the entire Meal, then delete unwanted items. If it is a single food item that is available in the public Food Database, it is just easier to search for it in the public database.