lower carbs

Options
bugga814
bugga814 Posts: 41 Member
I lowered my carb intake to 100 or less 3 days of back on track I lost from 198.4 to 193.5 any thoughts on this I'm excited because I'm 59 and my weight has been hard to lose till I lowered the carbs

Replies

• kacowgill99
    kacowgill99 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are on the right track. This simple to-do adjustment in daily diet has yielded me unbelievable results in the last month. Great job!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    If lowering your carbs puts you into a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. Personal preference. I'm in my 50's and would never want to restrict carbs -- too delicious. I've successfully lost weight without giving up any foods that I love.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    bugga814 wrote: »
    I lowered my carb intake to 100 or less 3 days of back on track I lost from 198.4 to 193.5 any thoughts on this I'm excited because I'm 59 and my weight has been hard to lose till I lowered the carbs

cool. Brace yourself for the haters.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

??

• cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do much better with fewer carbs. Along with putting me in a calorie deficit, I just feel better in general. You can eat healthy with fewer carbs. It's really about choices rather than "giving up" anything. However, if I don't beat myself up for going over my personal limit. Good luck!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    If you are moving towards following a low carb way of eating (WOE), I suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. They are a very knowledgeable group of people where low carb eating is concerned:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    yarwell wrote: »

??

Low carb isn't popular on the main boards. It is often suggested that people should not follow a LCHF diet. Most low carbers hang out at the LCD group mentioned above.

Congrats on your success so far! Low carb does seem to work very well for some of us. :)
  • VeryCarrie6969
    VeryCarrie6969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I too am over 50 and lowering the carbs def works, but it's also SO HARD TO DO! A nice creme-filled chocolate donut was my weekly treat when I went to the groc store. Today I bought a pear; last week it was an apple. Know what? I felt so much better (physically as well as emotionally) I agree cairnsmom, it IS about choices. Donuts are good, but feeling better while losing weight to LOOK better...that's WAY BETTER!! I'm always looking for friends around my age to swap ideas on maintaining a healthy weight. I want to lose 15-20. Anyone feel you're similar, I'd love to accept your friend request!
  • bugga814
    bugga814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am low carbs not doing high fat lost a nice bit to jump start thanks everyone I will check out the low carb groups I still need friends for encouragement great start to a new me