Girly Question--- About that time....

Options

Replies

• KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    No way! I stay FAR AWAY from anything that calculates weight during that time!!! haha! :bigsmile:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I only enter my weight in the tracker when I see a loss. :bigsmile:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I only enter my weight in the tracker when I see a loss. :bigsmile:

Good one!:laugh:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    If I manage to MAINTAIN my weight at that time, then I know in actuality I'm LOSING weight, because the week after all the weight drops off at once. So I usually have a plateau week followed by a big drop.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    hmm...my mother is a nurse and told me I would need to drink 32 cups (of green/black tea "oolong") a day to see an actual change with my body. I have not researched this.....but just thought I should add it so everyone does not run off drinking green tea with high expectations!!:smile:
    Good luck to all
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i agree with tam green tea helps but doesnt get rid of everything. i too am addicted to green tea but i havent tried starbucks yet gonna have to do that for a treat.

green tea is great for your body all together. it loosen up mucas and it helps with weight loss. cant beat that
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Green tea has been clinically proven to decrease your chances of heart disease, breast cancer, and promote weight loss if you take it everyday. It's the anti-oxidants. You would need to drink 4 cups a day though for those side effects. I take green tea tablets (same effects) which are a lot easier for me, and they're pretty inexpensive.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    hmm...my mother is a nurse and told me I would need to drink 32 cups (of green/black tea "oolong") a day to see an actual change with my body. I have not researched this.....but just thought I should add it so everyone does not run off drinking green tea with high expectations!!:smile:
    Good luck to all

32 cups? :noway: Or did you mean ounces?
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    hey guys, i'm in the VL Challenge..... GO PURPLE!...anyway, it's that time and we HAVE to weigh in! I'm getting so worried. I don't want to report a gain. Can we please please please institute a Time of Month excuse for weigh in?

Also, I understand that everything I've gained will fall off, but what about the pounds I've been working on all week? I've been doing so great, I just hope it doesn't get wasted.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    for those of us who have midol in the house, it has a diuretic in it.
    everytime I took it i would get overheated, it's the diruetic
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    I took one now, but IO'm saving the other 2 for the night before weigh in....lol!
  • natashak
    Options
    great question..
    i hate weighing in only to find myself 4 pds heavier
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Don't like the TOM at all.

:0 I'm getting to old for it.

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I definitely gain during TOM. This time it is looking like a 5 pound gain... yuck!

The thing is though that there is this amazing day about 1 day after it completely ends when all the weight comes off at once! I always feel so skinny that day! Actually, it tends to be the one day a month that I actually lose. I might only lose 1 pound the rest of the entire month. Anyone else have this?
  • TRLTAMPA
    Options
    But do you lose your water weight PLUS what you worked off? Or just the water weight and these 4 dys of working out are just maintenance? I also see that some people take it easy for their time. I'm scared to stop for 4 or 5 days straight.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I forgot I posted this it's been so long ago...

I have found though as I have lost weight... I don't seem to retain water as much anymore. I've weighed full into TOM and found that I either was the same weight or actually a bit less.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Curiously enough I read an article once that said we burn more calories during TOM so if we stick to a strict diet it's possible to lose more weight during that week then you would on any other week.

I haven't tested that theory. I get the munchies like CRAZY. I'm dreading TOM because I'm sure I'll mess up. BOO.

Normally I don't weigh during TOM but this month I'm going to have to because of the BL challenge! :noway:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    This week is going to be a weigh nightmare for alot of us! Especially that I ate chocolate chip cookies lthis weekend cause I crave sugar and rationalize that I deserve them because I know i'm going to look 4 months pregnant soon! Damn bloating! Will do the green tea, thanks. The Starbuck's Cold green tea is awesome too! I easily put on 4-5 lbs for sure.:grumble: :drinker:
  • wannabeeskinny
    Options
    Good luck to all
    YIKES
    i didnt know it was that much
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Better than green tea- If you want a really good natural diuretic, steep a bunch of parsely and some spiced tea bags like chai or orange spice flavored and brew a gallon of tea. The parsely is a great diuretic and the chai/spice covers the green taste some. Sweeten with your favorite sweetner.
    Works like a dream.
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter