diet soda

Options
i reviewed the forum of old posts....but never found any entries regarding diet soda---do you all think it prevents weight loss? i LOVE (diet) root beer...and wonder if it is keeping me from losing....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....:embarassed:

Replies

• upnorth
    Options
    i reviewed the forum of old posts....but never found any entries regarding diet soda---do you all think it prevents weight loss? i LOVE (diet) root beer...and wonder if it is keeping me from losing....
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....:embarassed:
  • lashonda
    lashonda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is from a Jillian Michaels newsletter I get a few times a week. Hope it helps.

Welcome to Losing It with Jillian Michaels, the newsletter designed to help you shed pounds, increase energy, and finally get fit for life!

Soda Quota
    Diet soda will not make you gain weight. It just won't. People always think that diet drinks are so high in sodium they'll make you bloated, but most contain only about 40 mg of sodium — and that's practically nothing. The real question is, Are they healthy? Heck no! A Diet Coke will eat the paint off the hood of your car; it'll clean your toilet bowl. But you know what? It won't make you gain weight. Don't get me wrong — I don't want you to think that I'm suggesting you consume chemicals in the form of diet soda as part of your daily meal plan. I'm just trying to give you all the information so you can make educated choices about what's right for you.
    However, if you are going to down a diet soda every now and then, the best choice is probably Diet Rite. It doesn't contain any sodium, caffeine, carbs, or calories — and it's made with Splenda. Personally,
    (Jillian Michaels) I'm an occasional Diet Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero.
  • upnorth
    Options
    many thanks lashonda!! sometimes a diet soda can get me thru a "sweet attack"...and if a little "crap" goes with it while i'm losing...then i guess i'll have to balance that out!
    :ohwell:
  • rpowersrph
    Options
    I drink at least 6 sometimes upto 12 diet sodas a day it helps me stay full and has no calories. I have been doing this for about 2 years and have lost between 2 to 3 pounds week. I just started to drink diet green tea and really like it maybe it will reduce my soda intake.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Moderation in all things! Too many carbonated beverages can lead to eventual bone loss, which is bad.

Also, for me, fake sweet makes me crave real sweet.

I have about two a week.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Personally I like Coke Zero. I only drink it with food and usually don't finish it. Less than a can a day for me. The carbonation gets to me and makes me feel bloated if I have too much. I never understood how people can drink several cans a day. :noway:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I'm not a big soda person, it make me sick to my stomach, because I have an intolerance to the carmel color dye in sodas.
    If I am craving soda, I drink a half a glass (4 oz) of Diet 7UP.
    7Up doesn't hurt my stomach as much as regular soda, and it gives me a little soda craving when I have one, which rarely happens.