I'm sick of eggs.

Options
I reallllly need new low calorie but somewhat filling breakfast ideas.
I'm so burnt put on eating eggs.

What are you guys eating for breakfast ?

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Are you on a high fat diet or something? Try fiber cereal, oatmeal, the list is endless.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Often my breakfast is nothing. Well, coffee. I find it simpler to coast until lunch time. I'm a night eater and I like to save a lot of calories for after dinner.

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt - sometimes with homemade granola, sometimes with berries or flaxseed.
    Toast - one slice with avocado, or cottage cheese, or humous, or peanut butter
    Banana pancake - smashed nana with egg white, beaten and cooked in the micro
    porridge
    overnight oats
    smoked salmon
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is greek yogurt (150g) mixed really well with 30g of nut butter (almond, peanut) and sliced apple.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Three boiled eggs :D

Actually I was getting sick of that too, so I tried the banana + egg pancake idea instead. Well I did have some bananas that were going bad to use up, so. I see at least one more breakfast like this in my future
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever get sick of eggs <3

Toast with almond butter, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit...

also: https://www.yahoo.com/food/21-healthy-breakfast-recipes-that-arent-eggs-126935145472.html
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You also can think outside of the "breakfast food" realm and have a ham sandwich on whole wheat bread with spinach. If McDonald's can do breakfast at anytime what's wrong with lunch for breakfast. I have been known to have 1/2 a sandwich and a cup of soup for breakfast.
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I reallllly need new low calorie but somewhat filling breakfast ideas.
    I'm so burnt put on eating eggs.

What are you guys eating for breakfast ?

If I eat breakfast, I don't limit it to breakfast foods. Sometimes I have salad for breakfast, or deli turkey meat with a slice of cheese and a handful of cherry tomatoes.

• nch1993x
    nch1993x Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like to get a good bit of protein in at breakfast as I find it keeps me full until lunch... I usually do greek yoghurt and fruit (either berries or banana), or sometimes a smoothie with fruit, milk, and protein powder. Though at the weekend, when I have more time in the mornings, I'll often make an omelette with 2 eggs + 2 egg whites and some spinach...
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Often my breakfast is nothing. Well, coffee. I find it simpler to coast until lunch time. I'm a night eater and I like to save a lot of calories for after dinner.

I'm similar to this as well - just a preference. If I'm hungry I'll eat breakfast, but many days coffee is sufficient. I have an early lunch hour so it works fine.
    jnmrie wrote: »
    My favorite breakfast is greek yogurt (150g) mixed really well with 30g of nut butter (almond, peanut) and sliced apple.

That sounds AMAZING! On hungry days I have Greek yogurt mixed with 30g of crushed deluxe mixed nuts, 28g of raspberries and packet of truvia. Yum.

OP - it depends on what your WOE is. By telling us you mainly eat eggs for breakfast we may believe you're low/moderate carb - but you could actually be low fat. There are hugely different recommendations for the two. I eat low carb (under 100g a day) and as you see above, the greek yogurt combo fits in there well. Really, it would it fit pretty well into a low fat diet as well. Good luck!
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Leftovers! Break breakfast food tradision! Yay! :tongue:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    You also can think outside of the "breakfast food" realm and have a ham sandwich on whole wheat bread with spinach. If McDonald's can do breakfast at anytime what's wrong with lunch for breakfast. I have been known to have 1/2 a sandwich and a cup of soup for breakfast.

To keep it "Breakfasty" I'll have a turkey sandwich on an english muffin from time to time ..
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...I have a calorie limit on my breakfast so I look for things that fall within that budget.

I can do bacon, eggs and toast...different ways...sometimes a sandwich other times omelets, fried, scrambled.

I also do peanut butter, banana sandwich.

English muffin w/peanut butter(or butter) with jelly

Yogurt and fruit

In other words...anything that fits my calorie allotment.
  • prostyle1990
    prostyle1990 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oats, dried apricots and banana. Yep i'm original
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter toast is quick and easy. Piece of fruit or juice. Keeps the calorie count reasonable.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    2 Tablespoons of peanut butter on English muffin. Smoothie with 1/2 cup each of frozen raspberries, frozen wild blueberries, Stonyfield organic yogurt, and Trop50 blueberry pomegranate juice. Very filling and delicious. If you need to sweeten the smoothie, add a tiny bit of honey, but I drink it unsweetened.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, toast with nut butter or avocado, a smoothie.
  • larablue37
    larablue37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do a shake for breakfast, holds me until lunch time. GC Control Creamy Chocolate Fusion or Peach Cobbler from The wellness Company. Don't get hungry. my only meal is at supper time.
  • OnAllFours
    OnAllFours Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    OP, as cute as you are it's hard to be mad at the statement "I'm sick of eggs". lol I eat eggs in many ways and have never gotten tired of them. But you could always try Over Night Oats. Love that stuff too and so many ways to make it.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy! One can never tire of eggs. ;)