Cut calories gained weight?

Options
Hiya.. I've used mfp before and managed to lose a stone and a half for my wedding I kept the weight off for a year but since getting married I've put a stone back on through pure greed!

I've started back on mfp on New Year's Day and haven't cheated once I've been really healthy and picked the right foods and always averaged around 1150 calories my allowance is 1200 my first week I lost 3lbs and my second week I've gained two?!

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do to solve it?

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Everybody experiences it and it's because weight loss is not linear. For me, 6 out of 7 days of the week the scale will make it look like I gained, but then on 1 day I can see the actual loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Keep going and read the link above (was going to search for it but I hadn't bookmarked it yet. Thanks, Dianne!)
  • lexey85
    lexey85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just so frustrating!! I feel bloated I won't stop tho even tho it is so disheartening!

Thanks
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    You didn't lose three pounds of fat in week one. That would be a total deficit of 10500 calories. And you didn't gain two pounds of fat the next week. That would be a surplus of 7000 calories. You have fluctuations with water weight most likely.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    lexey85 wrote: »
    Just so frustrating!! I feel bloated I won't stop tho even tho it is so disheartening!

Thanks

Hang in there!

I started the year at 175 lbs. Then 4 days later I was 173 lbs! But realistically speaking there was no way that I had lost 2 lbs of fat in 4 days ... and yup, for the last 11 days I've been bouncing up and down between 173 lbs and 174.5 lbs. Freaking water weight *grins*

I highly recommend using a graph that tracks the trend of your weight loss using daily weigh ins. I use weighgrapher, but there are a few to choose from. It will keep you sane on your weight loss journey when water weight confounds you.

• alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Either you had too much sodium or you got your period, just my suggestion