Fitness Tracker-Which one??

Options
I am looking to purchase a fitness tracker and I don't even know what to look for in a device. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• amrelmesery
    amrelmesery Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fitbit and garmin
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Fitness trackers are everywhere! It is the thing now and I have one and it is my third arm..

First, how much do you want to spend? Second, what do you need tracked (steps, sleep, activities, calories, etc..)?
    Do you want to use a HRM? If so, wrist or strap?

You may need a basic tracker if you do want to spend or need capbailities that go with the cost of the tracker?

Will you use an Iphone, bluetooth, etc..

I have been through three fitbit charges (the hardware is just terrible on this device) and I now use a garmin vivosmart with HR (soft HRM strap) and love it. I have been on the forums in garmin and see that the garmin vivosmart HR (wrist) has a lot of bugs and issues with it..

The one thing with garmin the hardware is great... all touch screen no buttons or display issues and the wrist band is tough... The fitbit charge is not so tough... Daughter has vivofit and loves it too.

My best advice read the reviews (google it) not just the reviews here, because they are all mixed, and you determine price, functionality and best performance...

FYI, fitbit has awesome customer service as does garmin, but fitbit will replace your tracker with min questions and a few pcitures of damage. I have never needed to replace my garmin... hense the warning..