can i really be burning 2500 calories in a day!!

Options
13»

Replies

• dancafc1995
    dancafc1995 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The 2000 calories that the government use to base there recommendations on was established by a survey in which people stated what they THOUGHT they were consuming, however when scientists discovered using doubley labbeled water to fugure out the true calorie needs it turns out that women in actuality burn around 2400 calories a day and men 2700.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    According to my iWatch, I burn around 1700 a day with 12k-14k steps a day. I've always thought this was off, but I guess I'd rather underestimate than overestimate.
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    dont men like burn 2500 calories?

My husband averages a burn of 6000 calories a day
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One, it says I burn between 2400-2700 on my normal days. Seems about right. My friend has the One also, she was having problems attaching it where they suggested and it ends up she put it on a hairband on her wrist....I tried that because she was always getting a ton of calories burned. Wearing it on my wrist for a couple of days, I was burning 3200-3500 a day for the same activity. So, I hope the different styles are calibrated differently for where you are supposed to where them. I mean I would love to think that I burn over 3000 calories every day, but I am pretty sure that isn't right.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the slackest day ever for me, I spent most of the afternoon on the couch and went to bed at 7pm. I still burned 2100. 5"8 150lbs, age 43