What happens in ONE-derland?

200.5 lbs this morning, so close! I feel like I've been just about to get under for months! Getting below 200 feels like trying to get into a black hole - time keeps slowing down, it will take years to make it that last 1/2 pound.... What's it like on the other side? Anyone have experiences to share on that point? I'm worried it will feel the same and I'm going to need an attitude adjustment, so I should get ready now so I don't blow all the progress I've made so far.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2016
    It was one of my initial goals having started at my highest weight of 220. It felt good to accomplish, but other than that, I'm not sure what you would expect to be or feel different.

I'm a check it off the list and move forward kinda guy though...
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    I think how it'll feel depends upon how much you've had to lose to get there. It's my current goal too, hopefully this year, and I'll be whooping it up big style once I see it on the scales!
  • smzande
    smzande Posts: 160 Member
    Take a picture of the scale when you get there and keep the pic on your phone as motivation to stay in onederland. Worked for me!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    I lost 100 pounds to get there. It took 2.5 years! Because I did it, I know I can lose the last 50 pounds.

The magic of onderland for me was "a sparkling dose of confidence"! I KNOW I can reach my goals!
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    I just dropped below 200 a couple weeks ago. A light shone down upon me as I stood on my scale and angels began to sing.
  • d8nni
    d8nni Posts: 49 Member
    Excellent! I'm glad no one is saying they went into a great depression as they realized everything was exactly the same as before.
  • d8nni
    I guess I'm glad being all hung up on a number doesn't seem to hurt.
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    d8nni wrote: »
    I guess I'm glad being all hung up on a number doesn't seem to hurt.

Yeah, but once you hit one number, you just get hung up on the next!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Entering onederland can be a magical experience. After watching those numbers slowly decrease 22_; 21_ then finally the 20_ and one day you step on the scale and all you see is _99 and your mind goes numb for a moment until you realize there is a ONE in front of those numbers - - - time for celebration or at least a good firm pat on your own back.

It's coming!!
  • hookahbinx
    hookahbinx Posts: 74 Member
    You feel more confident that's for sure but you get hung up on getting further and further away from the 200's.
  • rachellove02
    rachellove02 Posts: 11 Member
    i can only hope to be in onederland as quickly as possible! ive got 41lbs to lose. congratulations to you!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    I don't know as I have never *quite* been able to get there, but I imagine that there are unicorns and that glitter abounds. :)

Good luck and good work so far!
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    edited January 2016
    When I finally reached onederland, it was actually 198.6 Skipped right pass the double 9s!
    I put my numbers into MFP and didn't get a loss update, I was devastated. :'(
    Then I realized I had put in 298.6 lol :p
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    It's a nice victory. And you really have to acknowledge every one of those on your journey. For me, it feels like, even though I still have more weight to lose than I've lost already, I'm on the "downward slope", or I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've been there since Jan 1 this year, and I was pretty crushed when after that weigh in, my weight started to go up, and up, and up (even though I was 100% on plan), and even got over 200 again (200.2). But then the scale finally took pity on me. As of yesterday I was back in onederland again :smiley:
  • d8nni
    Rycbar_123 wrote: »
    When I finally reached onederland, it was actually 198.6 Skipped right pass the double 9s!

Ha! A great new habit to kick!
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Rycbar_123 wrote: »

I still put a 2 in front of my number and I'm at 178 as of this morning! I am still amazed that there is a one in front. I actually hit onederland twice, and it felt amazing both times. But, there is always a new number that I'm obsessing over. Now it's 166 because that will officially put me at overweight instead of obese. Good luck on your journey! You'll hit onederland and it will be amazing!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2016
    Kyrenora wrote: »
    I just dropped below 200 a couple weeks ago. A light shone down upon me as I stood on my scale and angels began to sing.

Pretty much.

Also, like going into the new year, it takes some serious retraining to stop entering weigh-ins starting with "2".