Looking for motivated and interactive Fitbit & MyFitnessPal Friends

Options
Hi I'm Sandy.

Im 22 and living in South Florida. I don't have many friends on here & would like to interact more with MFP's online community. All my current friends are not really fitness oriented & would like to meet people here that are! As I am.

I am no where near my goal but better off than where I was when I first begun my fitness journey. I was at 250 now I am sitting at 206. Looking to eventually make me way to 180. That's my first weight goal.

I do weight-lift regularly and I am starting to run for 30 mins at least 4 times a week (goal is working my way up to 6). One of my goals I would like to tackle this year is to endeavor into the world of yoga. I have dipped me toes into meditation and I truly like it (I need to do it more often).

Anyone have similar goals? Tips? Advice? Please feel free to message me.

my fitbit profile can be found at https://fitbit.com/user/3653DT

I hope I meet cool peeps!

Replies

• michaelavanblerk
    michaelavanblerk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request on both apps!
  • rachellove02
    rachellove02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey. i'm 24 & I am looking to lose around the same amount as you. Im sitting at 241 and my first goal is 180. I am working out daily now, 30 mins of cardio & 30 mins of weights. I'm looking for someone to talk with and interact with who is on the same journey. - dont have a fitbit yet, but planning on grabbing one next paycheck!

feel free to add me :)
  • lisamaucoin
    lisamaucoin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started around 250 (hoping to get to between 160 and 170) too & lost about 40lbs before gaining some back. I'm on the right track again now, though. I friended you. I generally get between 12k and 15k steps a day but have been looking to do 20k recently and would like more active friends to motivate me.
  • sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey. i'm 24 & I am looking to lose around the same amount as you. Im sitting at 241 and my first goal is 180. I am working out daily now, 30 mins of cardio & 30 mins of weights. I'm looking for someone to talk with and interact with who is on the same journey. - dont have a fitbit yet, but planning on grabbing one next paycheck!

feel free to add me :)

Hey Rachellove, that's good that you are running daily. I need to start! I will probably message you for some tips.
  • sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started around 250 (hoping to get to between 160 and 170) too & lost about 40lbs before gaining some back. I'm on the right track again now, though. I friended you. I generally get between 12k and 15k steps a day but have been looking to do 20k recently and would like more active friends to motivate me.

thank for the add!
  • gemi2012
    gemi2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a friend request. I'm hoping to lose 40lbs by the summer. I'm not a runner and don't like to run much, but I really want to do a 5k and I need to start running. Hopefully as the weight starts coming off more, it will get easier. Good luck and let's motivate each other :smile:
  • dandiellie
    dandiellie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Add me, too!
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/3XCJMY
  • Rebekkadorn
    Rebekkadorn Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm an avid MFP (537 streak:)) and Fitbit user. I'm 22 from the United Kingdom and have so far lost 51lbs. I've added you on both
  • cyndi2012
    cyndi2012 Posts: 65 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Adding you! Right now I use fitbit and a 10k running app, but I also swim and train for triathlons and other events in the summer.

Anyone can add me if they want! My Fitbit is www.fitbit.com/user/36WZ67
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi, have sent you a friend request. Am a keen Fitbit user - love running but am slow. Am trying to lose a stone to get to a more comfortable running weight.
  • Yolimon
    Yolimon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been using both apps on & off now for about 2 years. I've been trying to get my friends to join but most of them give me excuses. I am looking for motivation and tips for a healthier life style. I saw this post and I'd like to be added as well.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    jlinephotography@gmail.com