Begin again

Options
Well, here I go again! I think this might be the year I do it! All my life I have been regular, not thin, not thick, kinda just right. But, since my daughter 19 YEARS AGO, I have been Fat and I mean FAT!!! 100 pounds overweight!!!! What a disgrace and yes I hate myself!!! But I am at a point in my life that the challenge is no longer about trying to look good rather an attempt to just be able to breathe and be healthy!!!! So today is the first day of the rest of my healthy life!

Replies

• DiviturLabimur
    DiviturLabimur Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Tanking the first step is sometimes the hardest. We're all here to help keep you motivated and to encourage you. Good luck and feel free to add me if you like.
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are motivated to make a change, that's great! I always think overall health is a better motivator than just looks. Good luck as you get going!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Just remember not to push yourself too hard at first. If you suddenly cut your body off of the food intake it's used to, or start exercising it when it's been sedentary, it's going to rebel with binge cravings and injuries. Cut back your intake slowly and add exercise a little at a time, and pretty soon you'll find yourself hitting your goal calories and exercise easily. :) You've started a hard road, but you've got this! :)
  • WenndyLu
    WenndyLu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm right there with you. Was a thin child, teenager, got married, pregnant and have only gotten close to there one time...at least 15 years ago. It's been up and down since, but the ups are always higher...sigh. So far just logging, haven't got to exercise yet. But it's a start
  • jenifferlopez718
    jenifferlopez718 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lisans13 wrote: »
    Well, here I go again! I think this might be the year I do it! All my life I have been regular, not thin, not thick, kinda just right. But, since my daughter 19 YEARS AGO, I have been Fat and I mean FAT!!! 100 pounds overweight!!!! What a disgrace and yes I hate myself!!! But I am at a point in my life that the challenge is no longer about trying to look good rather an attempt to just be able to breathe and be healthy!!!! So today is the first day of the rest of my healthy life!

• jenifferlopez718
    jenifferlopez718 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good for you ! This my second time mfp and I had a great experience the first time ... unfortunately Xmas took over and here I am again looking for lots of support