Losing 50 by June 2016!!

Replies

• clin71funyika
    clin71funyika Posts: 116 Member
    Feel free to add me I'm trying to lose 60lbs
  • robmaxx34
    robmaxx34 Posts: 3 Member
    37 and also trying to lose 50 before a June vacation. Just started the 21 day fix
  • rnshelia02
    rnshelia02 Posts: 1 Member
    Please add me I'm 48 years old and need to lose 40lbs. I believe this will help me stay focused on my goals
  • jdwhite22
    jdwhite22 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm trying to lose 50 lbs as well. I lost 80 lbs 2 years ago and went through a divorce shortly after and now I've put on 50 lbs since last year. Feels like I'm starting all over again. I hope I can lean on you all when I get weak. Strength in numbers right? Good luck everyone!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Same boat! 46, size 16/14 and I weighed in at 178 at my check-up in November. High blood pressure and high cholesterol, despite dietary changes. My doctor sighed and said, "I've suggested you lose weight before, but at least you haven't gained anything. I guess stable weight is better than gaining. Eventually, I'll want to put you on something for your cholesterol and blood pressure."
    I suddenly realized that my own physician was giving up on me making changes. Screw that, screw him. I plan to walk into my May appointment at 150 pounds, with both BP and cholesterol count down. The only person who's allowed to give up on me is me!
  • clin71funyika
    clin71funyika Posts: 116 Member
    @ElizabethOakes2 you go girl
  • Lifeisablessing
    Lifeisablessing Posts: 4 Member
    Please add me. I would love to lose 50 lbs. by June but realistically I'm shooting for 25 lbs. gone and continue working on the remaining.
  • crabiecrab
    crabiecrab Posts: 14 Member
    Best to you. I was told last week I need to do 40lbs by the 7th of July, but I am way bigger than you. I am 232 and the Doctor said this was the site to use with my Fit Bit. I am learning about what not to eat but still think I am eating to much of the comfort foods. Maybe we can keep track of each other as our goals are close together.
  • Sn1fan
    Sn1fan Posts: 6 Member
    Raramama95 wrote: »
    Add me too! I just turned 40 last year, lost 11 lbs first half of last year (I had a total of 40 I wanted to lose!) and gained it back the second half of last year. I was doing low carb at the beginning of last year but now i decided i'm going to go with good old healthy eating and exercise! I'm looking to lose 35-40 lbs. I have been logging my food everyday and trying to get more exercise since i barely got any before! Weekdays are easier than weekends. Weekends i end up ruining all of the work that i put in during the week! so maybe we can keep each other motivated!!!

I do the same thing on the weekends. Argh so frustrating!!!!
  • rhl43065
    rhl43065 Posts: 2 Member
    Add Me, Daughter getting married in July want to loose 50 before I walk her down the aisle.
  • roxymuller
    roxymuller Posts: 29 Member
    good luck!!! if you have any tips to offer that would be great.
  • kalchthaleri
    kalchthaleri Posts: 231 Member
    Add me, if you like! I was 338lbs. on January 1 of 2014, this Monday I was 191.1. I was diabetic for ten years and after losing 80lbs., I was diabetic no more. You can do it! For whatever it's worth, I wouldn't put a time limit on it either, just roll with it! You can do it!!!
  • pinktara2013
    pinktara2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Anyone can add me! I have a LOT of weight to lose. I don't have any weight related health issues yet, just low thyroid which makes losing weight more difficult, but my Dr is pushing for weight loss surgery and I really don't want to have surgery, so I'm trying to eat healthy and increase how much I exercise.
  • jenifferlopez718
    jenifferlopez718 Posts: 25 Member
    computris wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm new to this diet thing. I'm 48 years old, married with two kids 20 and 16. I was once a size 0/1 (too skinny) Now I'm a hearty 14/16 with pre diabetes, hight blood pressure, and menapause knocking on my door. BLAH!! I would love to lose 50 pounds by June of this year, so my Dr will quit shoving pills at me. :smile: Wish me luck!!
  • jenifferlopez718
    jenifferlopez718 Posts: 25 Member
    Wow 50 before June. ... OK let's do oooohhhh this!!!! Feel free to add me.
  • Sassysareena
    Sassysareena Posts: 9 Member
    Feel free to add me! I'm looking for MFP friends to go on this journey with
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Good luck to you!! I lost 60 lbs in 2010 and slowly gained 30 of it back, so I am finally back to mfp with a goal of losing those 30 plus maybe another 10 by June. I turned 48 in July and it seems every year it gets a little harder to get the weight off. Feel free to add me! Lots of great support here at mfp, for sure.
  • crab4211
    crab4211 Posts: 1 Member
    I wish you strength, confidence, and will power...it's not luck :) . I'm 43 and was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in April. I cut out carbs & sugar, eliminated dairy (except almond & coconut milk), and increased protein to lose 30 lbs in 6 months...then I plateaued. In October I started working with a trainer again after 9 years. We're doing metabolic workouts with kettle bell and TRX and I'm gaining muscle...but not losing weight necessarily. I haven't taken measurements again yet to see inches lost. Tracking what I'm eating definitely helps. I'm not on a diet...I'm changing my lifestyle for the rest of my life.
  • nellybajelly
    nellybajelly Posts: 1 Member
    I have exactly the same goal and am at the same stage of life. It's a challenge, but well worth the effort. Keep striving towards your goal. What mini goals do you set...and how do you celebrate them?
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 652 Member
    I'm sorry, I feel like there are a LOT of posters also setting the 50 by June goal. I'm so worried many of you will be disappointed. That is a very big goal especially if you ONLY have 50 to lose. It's going to be tough, and not very realistic. Please try not to get your hopes too attached to that June deadline.