Day 11 here and looking for motivation - tips always welcome :)

Options
Hi. I've just started up on this and I need to lose 40 lbs. I have given myself a year to do this. I am so excited to be here and get this going. Anyone who wants to provide any tips, insight, motivation....I'll take anything. Good luck to all on here and Happy 2016!.....

Replies

• Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself (and use a scale) & trust the process (exercise patience). Welcome to MFP & best of luck!
  • Bubbe5000
    Bubbe5000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal: 60 pounds by next summer. My personal motivation is knowing that the less I weigh the more calories I burn. I use it as a sort of short-term motivator from week to week and it's kept me going so far--which isn't far, yet, but a good beginning is half the battle.

Good luck!!!
  • samiadg
    samiadg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Matt, thanks. I actually dont own a scale, but you are bang on the with exercising patience part. It takes a good 2 months for it to sort of show a little I guess is what I was told. So day 13...and trudging along. Thanks for the welcome and best of luck to you too :)
  • samiadg
    samiadg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bubba, again, great tip. I didnt even think of that "the less I weigh the more calories I burn" you are right, its a great motivator. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for your post and let me know how you are doing as you progress. that itself will be amazing motivation to hear a fellow MFP is making traction :)
  • Lu_wallace06
    Lu_wallace06 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • tracycmrn129
    tracycmrn129 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me